Strikeforce does the right thing re: Miller/Davis

From Bloody Elbow:

Bloody Elbow spoke to Mike Afromowitz of Strikeforce this evening and was informed that Strikeforce has decided to pay both fighters their contracted win bonuses.

The quote on the resolution:

..the resolution to this is that both fighters got paid their appearance fees and we're paying them their win bonuses.

On Strikeforce's attempts to follow through on the match-up:

Just so you know, we made every attempt to put the fight back on in another Chicago area fight so they could fight in front of their hometown fans but neither fighter was available on the date proposed for a local card there.

Mike went on to explain that if the fight would have been moved to a local show Strikeforce would have paid them the appearance fee for that fight as well, but when they weren't able to commit to that date both fighters were paid their win bonuses. Also, Mike was quick to point out that this was the first time a fight has been pushed of a card like this in Strikeforce history and they feel that in the end this resolution was fair.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/11/10/1125203/strikeforce-pays-deray-davis-and

:*)

Good!

nice to hear

Power of the UG?

Did they count it against their contracts? As a bout that is? Maybe Towe can explain?

great news; I'm glad Strikeforce did the right thing.

Also, major props for Bloody Elbow being the ONLY major MMA media outlet to follow up and keep reporting on this. Journalism for the win!

good to hear

epwar - Also, major props for Bloody Elbow being the ONLY major MMA media outlet to follow up and keep reporting on this. Journalism for the win!

Can you answer my question? Or can they? Copy and paste it if you can....

i'm guessing if they got paid their win bonuses it would count as a bout on their contract

good job Strikeforce. classy.

never had any doubt... nice work strikeforce

madmav -  i'm guessing if they got paid their win bonuses it would count as a bout on their contract

One would think.....;) Again, let TOWE or Egnar explain.

Good stuff, strikeforce did the proper thing here.