Strikeforce: Fedor vs Rogers will be tape delayed?

Is the Las Vegas Review-Journal wrong or ?

http://www.lvrj.com/sports/cage-wont-cramp-style-emelianenko-says-68834112.html

"The card will air tape delayed on CBS (Channel 8) at 9 p.m. Saturday."

wat

probably have the syandard 3-5 second delay for live TV.  Same as radio stations use.

^ yeah that was I was thinking... Live, but taped delayed for swearing. 

According to CBSsports.com - "The fighters will square off on Saturday Nov. 7 headlining a live card on CBS."

Card -  ^ yeah that was I was thinking... Live, but taped delayed for swearing.

Right, same thing they do with football generally.

it's a LOT more than 3 to 5 seconds ever since janet jackson's chocolate fried egg hit the airwaves.

and the last show was tape delayed too. they aren't talking about the default delay.

think about it folks. if the fight starts at 9pm est that's 6 pm pst. OF COURSE they're going to delay it. it's a PRIME TIME fight show.

FIGHT CAMP 360°: Fedor vs. Rogers will feature unrestricted access to one of the most enigmatic professional athletes of today, Fedor Emelianenko and his next opponent, the undefeated Brett Rogers, as they prepare to headline ”STRIKEFORCE/M-1 Global Saturday Night Fights” to be broadcast LIVE on Saturday, Nov. 7 (9:00 PM, ET/delayed PT) on the CBS Television Network.

http://strikeforce.com/blog/2009/10/showtime-sports-shines-spotlight-on-mma-with-fight-camp-360%C2%B0-fedor-vs-rogers/

I think it is going to be delayed the full 3 hours on the westcoast like ElitcXC.

If so that would be horrible. CBS is not presenting this as a live event and more like some tv show.

I could see it being delayed for Pacific and Hawaii time zones to make sure it runs later in the primetime broadcast window.

I get the sense over and over that CBS has a crippling inferiority complex, and that it isn't taking its own show seriously.

Tape delayed on the west coast because they don't want to air it at 6:00 PM there.

Mmmmm... chocolate fried eggs....

Also keep in mind that this is the family-friendly, mainstream world of CBS, not a SpikeTV broadcast. CBS execs aren't going to allow bloody fights to air in the late afternoon/early evening. They surely want it to run after 9pm in all markets.

The good thing for Strikeforce is that the later primetime has more available TV viewers. In the ratings world they call this 'HUT' and 'PUT' levels ('households using TV' and 'persons using TV'). The increased HUTs and PUTs will increase the viewership a lot.

of course they would tape delay it on the west coast, its in primetime

they wont show these fights at 6pm on the west coast, all the EliteXC shows were also tape delayed

PatrickFreitas - Also keep in mind that this is family-friendly, mainstream world of CBS, not a SpikeTV broadcast. CBS execs aren't going to allow bloody fights to air in the late afternoon/early evening. They surely want it to run after 9pm in all markets.

The good thing for Strikeforce is that the later primetime has more available TV viewers. In the ratings world they call this 'HUT' and 'PUT' levels ('households using TV' and 'persons using TV'). The increased HUTs and PUTs will increase the viewership a lot.

I'm in NY so I'm good

but damn that sucks for the west coast

That sucks for you westcoasters.

I was on the CBS website and the schedule also says it wont be in HD, its 1 of only 2 blocks that they have as airing in standard broadcast instead of HDTV broadcast..

So tape delayed and NOT in HD, hmmmm... CBS might really have to step their game up.

Its HD over here on the West Coast

http://www.cbs.com/info/schedule/index.php

ends - I have DirectTV so this does not effect me

How exactly does that matter?

Ryan MacLeod - I'll just watch an east coast channel. no biggie.

how are you able to get local CBS stations in different time zones?