Strikeforce: Fedor vs Rogers will be tape delayed?

32Hunter - 
Ryan MacLeod - I'll just watch an east coast channel. no biggie.

yep, problem solved.

Ya same, still sucks that they are doing this though

I am sure fan in the west would rather see the fights live at 6 than tape delay at 9.

The poor peasants living on the west coast.

I'm going to enjoy watching the fights live and then immediately discussing the results on this website.

Meanwhile, back on the west coast you can either see the results spoiled for you on the internet or wait to watch an event that has already happened hours in the past.

The fight already happened, dummies.  Those of us in-the-know have done a fine job of containing any spoilers, but let me just say "WOW."

AmericanPsychoMMA - I am sure fan in the west would rather see the fights live at 6 than tape delay at 9.

and I'm sure the networks aren't stupid and realize that there is an enormous difference in viewers at 6 pm than there is at 9, since 9 is prime time and 6 is not.

I don't really know how this works, but I'm pretty sure that most fights aired live are tape delayed. I know that most times I have read that it's EST and delayed PST, I have managed to watch the fights as they happened. I don't know the logistics of this though.

humphrey sphinctermuscle - 
AmericanPsychoMMA - I am sure fan in the west would rather see the fights live at 6 than tape delay at 9.

and I'm sure the networks aren't stupid and realize that there is an enormous difference in viewers at 6 pm than there is at 9, since 9 is prime time and 6 is not.

guess fans will have say away from net for a few hours

springfield - The poor peasants living on the west coast.

I'm going to enjoy watching the fights live and then immediately discussing the results on this website.

Meanwhile, back on the west coast you can either see the results spoiled for you on the internet or wait to watch an event that has already happened hours in the past.

the west will not stand for this... blasphemy

I don't really understand this thread. Are people legitimately surprised that they're not going to televise the card live at 6 PM PST?

AmericanPsychoMMA - 
humphrey sphinctermuscle - 

guess fans will have say away from net for a few hours

you know what's funny? there will always be some that come here before it's aired, and cry about the people spoiling it for them. it's too hard to stay away i guess.

Would they ever tape delay a football game?  Think about it.

JimmersonzGlove - 
Tomato Can - I don't really understand this thread. Are people legitimately surprised that they're not going to televise the card live at 6 PM PST?

People just want to talk about how Strikeforce is fucking up cuz their BFF BLAF is at war with them now. Nevermind the fact that every UFN is tape delayed on the west coast as well and you never get this thread.

Or all the UK UFC shows that are tape delayed 6 hours but are billed a "LIVE" broadcasts...

Obviously tape delaying it in the West is the smart move, because as Mr. Freitas explained, it should maximize the ratings, and they probably don't want cage fighting on at dinner time. So here we have Strikeforce/Showtime actually doing the right thing, reaching out to as many viewers as possible... and the chuckleheads change direction and start griping because, as smug fanboys, they aren't being given special attention.

Obviously everyone wants to see the show live. But the Strikeforce witch hunt is getting pretty ridiculous. The fanboy marks are so uninformed about stuff like TV business that they can find anything to whine about.

people act like this is something new. what retards

here in Orlando we are really screwed!!!!! this sucks. 1:30 am!!!! do you know how drunk ill be by then!!!!!

Local 6 To Air MMA Event On Tape Delay
Event Features Heavyweights Fedor Emelianenko, Brett Rogers

POSTED: Tuesday, November 3, 2009
UPDATED: 2:47 pm EST November 3, 2009

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Due to a scheduling conflict, WKMG-TV Local 6 will not air the MMA Strikeforce event live on Saturday but will run the program on tape delay.

The Strikeforce show, featuring heavyweights Fedor Emelianenko and Brett Rogers, will be aired on Local 6 on Sunday at 1:35 a.m. Viewers interested in recording the event should set their timers accordingly.

"Cold Case" and "Extra Weekend," which are scheduled to run during that time period, will be pre-empted.

Copyright 2009 by Internet Broadcasting Systems and ClickOrlando.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

What the fuck is "Legend of the Seeker"??? Apparently that is what you Orlando suckers are getting Strikeforce preempted for. LULZ at your Mickey Mouse local CBS affiliate.

yeah tell me about it! this sucks big time.

i work at the abc affiliate. i would have just watched the live feed anyway!!! stupid CBS

Tomato Can - What the fuck is "Legend of the Seeker"??? Apparently that is what you Orlando suckers are getting Strikeforce preempted for. LULZ at your Mickey Mouse local CBS affiliate.
Not familiar with it, but it seems that it's a syndicated series that debuts its second season on November 7.

Kinda odd, since it's a Disney/ABC production and it's running on a CBS station in one of Disney's home markets.

Are you serious?? Fuck. Im in shit- hole Orlando.

I saw "Legend of the seeker" in the guide and just thought it was a fuck up but they are really going to give us that bullshit instead of the Strikeforce card??

McSlugga -  Are you serious?? Fuck. Im in shit- hole Orlando.

I saw "Legend of the seeker" in the guide and just thought it was a fuck up but they are really going to give us that bullshit instead of the Strikeforce card??

Correct. They're going to tape delay the Strikeforce card until 1:30 AM. Enjoy!!