Strikeforce stiffs ringcard girl $400.00

"If you can’t even pay me but you can pay your fighters to lose, you know, it was just something that I thought long and hard about and I thought I’m just going to go work for someone else and I do."

Haha, wow, what a dumbass thing for her to say. Comparing her worth to a fighter that loses? Pretty disrespectful to a sport she's "passionate" about.

This is very irresponsible.  Reasonable minded people are being led to believe that she was not paid for an agreed upon amount when in fact the article never states or proves that.  Coker is one of the men leading our sport right now and I would defend Dana just the same.  This has nothing to do with ufc/Strikeforce, I would think that if she actually got stiffed out of an agreed amount of money the article would clearly articulate as much.  But it does not do so, rather it misleads the audience to think that is what happened imo. 

-jk

“But for me it’s such a passion of mine and I’ve always considered it a job. It wasn’t just something that I would do in my spare time,” Craner said.

Maybe it's just me but I thought if you were passionate about soemthing you WOULD do it for free. Not suggesting she should, just saying this sentence kinda contradicts itself.

These things happen in MMA. Phone Post

exactly, who gives a shit about ring girls, the way she's going on you would think she was vital to the company

john joe - 
Humphrey - she put a LOT of effort in fellas, i mean she REALLY held that card high up and didn't trip or nuthin.

you have any idea how much effort that takes?

by the way, I wonder if she treated it like a job.

please dont be so sarcastic :/

she's wasted an entire eight-week training camp on this

This.  It's easy enough to get confused about which round number card to pick up in a regular fight.  In a championship fight it's almost impossible to keep track.

Counterweight - She should have been paid. Aside from that, who gives a fuck about the ring card girl? Waaaaaaaa, Scott Coker didn't know my name. STFU you self important bitch, your a peice of ass in a bikini and nothing more. Waaaaaaaa but I'm passionate about holding a cardboard sign and walking around the cage in a bathing suit. If you want respect go be a police officer or a teacher. This is just anther case of a hot chick who cant handle not being the center of attention.

. Wow. it looks like someone has been rejected by ALOT of females.

This isn't news its some hooker bitching.
The headline is misleading and not true.
C'mon guys make sure its news before its "News".

l33tp33t - who cares about the ring girls at least fighters got paid
True. Props to Coker and Strikeforce for taking care of the important stuff.

I don't feel like reading all that shit. So she didn't get paid for a gig that never happened? What's the story here

I thought the ring card girls were hired by rockstar not strikeforce.

Counterweight - She should have been paid.***

For what?

-jk

This has nothing to do with the topic at hand, but thumbs up to the owners of the show for coming up with the name TUF Crap Radio. No lie, that's a truly comical, and great name for a show.

Obviously, she deserves to paid the agreed-upon amount for her services, and if Strikeforce hasn't done that then they owe it to her to make things right.

Having said that, this girl comes across as little more than a self-entitled airhead with a vastly inflated sense of her value to the sport she's so "passionate" about. Oh, you mean you thought your buddy's stepdad was going to set you up with a career carrying numbered cards around a ring in your swimsuit? And then he was going to get you on the covers of Maxim and Playboy? But instead he treated you like being a ring card girl is some no-talent gig that anybody with a decent figure and a moderate plastic surgery budget can do? Yeah, that's a real bummer.

I mean, does she seriously think that her value to the company is even remotely comparable to that of Frank Shamrock?

On to topic now.

She is a very good looking gal, no questions about it. If she didn't get paid, she does deserve the financial figure that Scott Coker and Strikeforce agreed to pay her for her services.

However, I take issue with this comment.

"So I mean you can pay Frank Shamrock 340,000 dollars to lose but you can't pay your ring girl 400 bucks?"

Frank Shamrock's name sold tickets. Frank Shamrock is a legend in this sport, who has been in with and faced the best this sport has to offer.

You're a ring card girl. No offense, but let's all be honest. Ring card girls are a dime a dozen. Yes, they give us red blooded, heterosexual males something to gaze at between rounds, however the names come and go and are quickly forgotten about.

To make a comment like this smacks of someone who has a higher estimation of ones self.

This isn't even a story, hence why it was probably taken down.

frankiscool -  I'd pay her $400 to walk around my living room for a few hours dressed like that.

so yea...umm...i voted this down...

High school thread is high school. Phone Post

I am not surprised the bullshit article is down.  This thread is the next to go.

-jk