Strikeforce-- strip Overeem already......

two years with the belt .....?? give or take
to fullfil prior obligations or whatever.......hahahaha

.........lame

you try taking it away from him...

i will

i would take my face and hit his fists

OmegaPoon -  you try taking it away from him...

We'll just send Shogun....or Kharitonov, or Arona...or Nog, Werdum, or Chack, or Bobby Hoffman, or Kochkine. Hate to break it to you, but he's no Fedor.

Especially now that the guy is talking about going to the UFC. How lame is that? Make Fedor / Werdum for the title.

The strikeforce lightheavyweight title got initially won by Southworth, who then didn't defend it for two years before losing it to Babalu, who then took another year to defend it before losing to Mousasi, who promptly fought his next match as a non-title match and still hasn't defended it.

The strikeforce middleweight title got initally won by Frank Shamrock, who then took almost a year before losing it to Cung Le, who then took over a year before vacating it, and then it got won by Jake Shields.

The Strikeforce welterweight title still doesn't exist.

The Strikeforce lightweight title was initially won by Guida, who almost immediately lost it to Melendez. Melendez then took a year before losing it to Thompson, after which we got his leg injury and the interim situation.

So really, let's stop pretending that Strikeforce titles mean anything at all.

What's the point? What other fighter do you think should legitimatly hold it? It's fine where it is, they are just waiting for the stars to align and get the couple of big money matchups signed.

Caspersghost - What's the point? What other fighter do you think should legitimatly hold it? It's fine where it is, they are just waiting for the stars to align and get the couple of big money matchups signed.

..........two years

yeah, you already mentioned that.

OctopusFighter - The strikeforce lightheavyweight title got initially won by Southworth, who then didn't defend it for two years before losing it to Babalu, who then took another year to defend it before losing to Mousasi, who promptly fought his next match as a non-title match and still hasn't defended it.

The strikeforce middleweight title got initally won by Frank Shamrock, who then took almost a year before losing it to Cung Le, who then took over a year before vacating it, and then it got won by Jake Shields.

The Strikeforce welterweight title still doesn't exist.

The Strikeforce lightweight title was initially won by Guida, who almost immediately lost it to Melendez. Melendez then took a year before losing it to Thompson, after which we got his leg injury and the interim situation.

So really, let's stop pretending that Strikeforce titles mean anything at all.

oh snap!

In his interview with Sherdog, Coker says Overeem will be "coming here in May and defending his belt." Man, I wish Bodog offered odds on this happening.

http://www.sherdog.com/videos/recent/Coker-Eyeing-Melendez-Aoki-Womens-Tourneys-2195

OmegaPoon -  you try taking it away from him...

Right, don't ever say anything about a fighter that they wouldn't like unless you are willing to fight them. That makes sense.

This cross promotion thing ain't working so well. Cung vacates to make movies nobody sees, Overeem blows them off for overseas fights and a K-1 bout?

I hate to say this, but the suffocating UFC contracts maybe unfair but from a fans perspective they work to force the fights we want to see.

OneScoup - This cross promotion thing ain't working so well. Cung vacates to make movies nobody sees, Overeem blows them off for overseas fights and a K-1 bout?

I hate to say this, but the suffocating UFC contracts maybe unfair but from a fans perspective they work to force the fights we want to see.

I agree, monopolies work best when there is no competition.

They didn't have a contract with Overeem after he won the title. That was a bit silly. Don't make the contract exclusive, but at least have it so that after the title is won there is a contract in place.

Strikeforce are looking like complete idiots on this

Will look even dumber if Werdum/Fedor goes to a 3 round decision

"Cung vacates to make movies nobody sees"

Cung vacated so he could pick his fights

slamming - Strikeforce is a bush league promotion run by amateurs. No suprise their title situation is a joke.

And just LOL at having the champion fight in non title fights in the very weight class he holds the belt. Genius.

Why are you guys so hang up on organizations? I watched Overeem fight like 6 times last year. I get to watch Overeem test he's skills against the best in K1 and because of that I "have to" also watch Diaz-Zaromskis, Manhoef-Lawler, Aoki-Melendez, mousasi-anyone? Poor me, this co-promotion is so bad for me...

totally agree, overrated anyway