Strikes Landed Machida vs. Rua

ttt

Arlovski beat Fedor, look at the numbers.. he out landed him like 40-1.

^- a joke obviously,, but still. Theres more to a fight than #s.

Yes like lumps and bruises that were apparent on Machidas face.

actually Nate you are talking about a knockout, where numbers are less important because one combatant was knocked unconscious and rendering a decision pointless. In the current fight being discussed the fight went to a decision usually decided by things like numbers of strikes landed, takedowns, and other quantifiable criteria. In a decision the "numbers" become very important.

Just saying your example is weak.

HereWeAre - Fuck that.

Listen to it with the sound off. I have never heard announcers disregard every thing a fighter is doing like they did with Lyoto in this fight.

First three rounds to Machida.

Dude you are absolutely correct !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I tried it ,its true

I dont blame rogan .When we see the underdog . We automatically root for him a little .

no matter what the stats say, i didnt see a clear winner in Rs 1 -3.

also, lyotos strikes in the clinch were probably stronger than shoguns.

shogun obviously had very strong leg kicks

¤Unique¤ - UFC = corrupted like hell

don't blame the UFC or Dana... he said Shogun won... blame the corrupt ass commissions and the betting lines etc...

just think how much money was at stake for those who BET on Shogun...

UFC should ditch the athletic commission somehow... THAT is what is corrupt and has been corrupt for a LONG time (boxing).

PR - 
DannyOcean - All credit to fightmetric, a fantastic website

http://fightmetric.com/fights/Machida-Shogun.html

Shogun landed 82 strikes out of 149.

Lyoto landed 42 strikes out of 116.

Shogun had 55% accuracy

Lyoto had 36% accuracy

Shogun landed 17 shots to the head (12 power shots).

Lyoto landed 14 shots to the head (8 power shots).

Lyoto landed 24 shots to the body

Shogun landed 16 shots to the body

Shogun landed 49 leg kicks.

Lyoto landed 4 leg kicks.

Shogun landed 48 strikes from distance.

Lyoto landed 26 strikes from distance.

Shogun landed 34 strikes from the clinch.

Lyoto landed 16 strikes from the clinch.

Your conclusion?

My conclusion? MMA isnt point-fighting. You cant look at these stats are show who was the winner.

While in most cases or most fights your correct I think these stats def paint a picture of what most fans watched (8 out of 10 people on this site think Shogun won...including me).  I'm not quite sure what fight the machida supporters were watching.  But hey everyone is entitled to their opinion.

KKM - Just saying your example is weak.
:) It was a joke.  I'll still stand by my "theres more to a fight then #s" point though..

Kidcombo - 
PR - 

Shogun had 55% accuracy

Lyoto had 36% accuracy

Your conclusion?

My conclusion? MMA isnt point-fighting. You cant look at these stats are show who was the winner.

While in most cases or most fights your correct I think these stats def paint a picture of what most fans watched (8 out of 10 people on this site think Shogun won...including me).  I'm not quite sure what fight the machida supporters were watching.  But hey everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I saw a very competitive fight, with no clear winner of rounds 1-3.

great fight, no real loser in my eyes.

I thought 1-3 went machida . rewatch youll see . As far as Dana , he was probably tweeting or twitting. not paying much attention.

mean machine  - I thought 1-3 went machida . rewatch youll see . As far as Dana , he was probably tweeting or twitting. not paying much attention.

I watched the fight live at a noisy sports bar.  I don't agree with you one bit.  Shogun controlled the pace of the fight, landed more blows, landed harder blows.  I think you and several others are taking away credit because the majority of the blows were leg kicks.  Points are points.  Machida left the cage limping, with a bruised side, and a marked face, looking like a broken man.  Shogun left looking like he could fight another 5 rounds.  This Machida nuthugging is ridiculous.

CaptainPlanet - 
mean machine  - I thought 1-3 went machida . rewatch youll see . As far as Dana , he was probably tweeting or twitting. not paying much attention.

I watched the fight live at a noisy sports bar.  I don't agree with you one bit.  Shogun controlled the pace of the fight, landed more blows, landed harder blows.  I think you and several others are taking away credit because the majority of the blows were leg kicks.  Points are points.  Machida left the cage limping, with a bruised side, and a marked face, looking like a broken man.  Shogun left looking like he could fight another 5 rounds.  This Machida nuthugging is ridiculous.

Outstruck him 59 to 33 in the first 3 rounds. 38 leg kicks by Shogun in the first 3 rounds. I think people are underestimating the damage of those leg kicks. Machida was beaten, only landing 9 strikes in the last 10 minutes. One could easily blame the early leg kicks on his poor performance in the last 2 rounds...how could one not even give the 2nd round to Shogun considering he outstruck him 3 to 1?

Beninger - 
CaptainPlanet - 

Outstruck him 59 to 33 in the first 3 rounds. 38 leg kicks by Shogun in the first 3 rounds. I think people are underestimating the damage of those leg kicks. Machida was beaten, only landing 9 strikes in the last 10 minutes. One could easily blame the early leg kicks on his poor performance in the last 2 rounds...how could one not even give the 2nd round to Shogun considering he outstruck him 3 to 1?
Honestly, I was hardpressed to give Machida any rounds, but if he won a round, it was the 3rd.  he still lost 4-1.

PR - 

Shogun had 55% accuracy

Lyoto had 36% accuracy

Your conclusion?

really? so what else matters? the fact that machida ran? the fact that shogun stalked him? the fact that shogun was more aggressive? I personally think that looking at the numbers its a clear decision for shogun, add the fact that ive watched the fight a bunch of times and saw that machida did nothing, and that most of his "flurries" wiffed and its clearer still that shogun won. MMA is point fighting if it goes to tthe jidges. and only one guy wanted it to go there, the other tried to end it, and got robbed

NateTurnedMaiaLightsOff - Arlovski beat Fedor, look at the numbers.. he out landed him like 40-1.

^- a joke obviously,, but still. Theres more to a fight than #s.

not when it goes to the judges...all you have is punches and kicks landed, take downs, agression and oct control. all of which shogun was best at. No one can honestly say machida was more aggresive or had better octogon control. so that, added to the numbers. its pretty damn obvious......