Struggle with brain fog?

Sometimes my brain feels so foggy. Like a drowsiness that doesn't leave. Answering a simple question feels like work. It's frustrating because it gets in the way of me being myself in front of others. Anyone else feel this way sometimes or more importantly find a solution?

Stop smoking or drinking coffee. Go to bed earlier. Reduce sugar intake.

Those are some things that help me.

Yeah, I'm thinking about cutting back on the weed again.

my wife does, but she has severe cognitive issues caused from Multiple Sclerosis, so that's probably a little different lol.

Happens to me when I go through extended periods without enough sleep.

OP, journal and post your food, drink, pill/supplement/drug intake for 24 hours and I will give you your answer.

I heard aricept helps for that a little.

Have your doctor check you for a brain cloud.

In

do you smoke weed?

Stop smoking weed

Ramon Maroni - do you smoke weed?

fucker just noticed

I'm on a bit of a journey at the moment to sort this problem out for myself which has come on from an extended period of stress in my life. Still getting there but this is what I have done:

1 - Become more mindful - reflect on your thoughts during the day. Me personally, I found that i wasn't really ever present. When I was doing things I was thinking about something else. This had been going on for so long I believe it had the effect of reducing my concentration. I read a few books on mindfulness which helps you stay in the moment. For example, bring yourself back to the task when ever you you begin to catch yourself drifting. Try focusing on what you are doing by actually feeling the things in your hands, the feel of your feet when walking, the sounds around you. Let your thoughts come but they have to be linked to the task at hand. When your mind is somewhere else bring it back.

This has been massively important for me. Its amazing how much more productive I am. The added focus has cleared a lot of the issues I have had.

2 - Practice your memory recall - For me this was number 1 & has been astonishing how much better my ability in anything has become.

To improve my memory I have been learning how to use mnemonics, in particular the method of loci to remember an entire deck of cards.

Why bother doing it? Imagine a boxer, why does he skip? From the outside with no experience in the art, you would think its a pointless task. Really you are training your footwork for later use in the fight. By practicing memory recall in a specific way you are training your mind for later use. Counting cards & learning an entire deck helps your mind practice bringing information back. Thats what memory fog is, your brain having trouble recalling information & storing it effectively.

Isaac298 - Stop smoking weed

And alcohol if he's also drinknig

dustynothing -

Sometimes my brain feels so foggy. Like a drowsiness that doesn't leave. Answering a simple question feels like work. It's frustrating because it gets in the way of me being myself in front of others. Anyone else feel this way sometimes or more importantly find a solution?

Do you drink alcohol or smoke pot

Give up Artificial sweetners was the answer for me. Aspartame is the devil.

Cut the carbs. Especially refined carbs and sugar. This is a large part of the post meal crash

Yeah, if you really want to attack the problem, do some kind of "elimination diet", where you basically stop eating everything except meat/fish/poultry, veggies and moderate fruit.

Then you can slowly start adding things back in and see what causes you problems. I did that and found that sugar just wrecks me, but I can eat dairy at every meal with no issues. Also found I'm slightly allergic to peanuts (get a tightness in my chest). Pork makes me feel tired too.

dhughes - 

Brain cloud...I knew it...I mean I didn't know it but...I knew it.

Those lights stuck with me from childhood.