STUDIO 54-Was it Really that great!?!?!!

im watching a docu on the studio and from al the interviews and photos, it seems like that was the ultimate party place in the late 70s/80s..did anyone on here ever get a chance to go, if so how was it??ive been to clubs but never experienced anything remotely close to what Studio 54 feels like it would have been in terms of enjoyment..

i actually feel sort of envious of those that partied at that place..it seemed like a completely different time and experience that will never be recaptured..

I was there opening night and closing night.  And many in between.

It was special.

It was pre-AIDS.

And the social scene in NYC was very concentrated. When you went out, it was Studio or Xenon and the crowd was going to be amazing any night of the week.

what was the name of the docu?

e. kaye - 

It was special.

It was pre-AIDS.

And the social scene in NYC was very concentrated. When you went out, it was Studio or Xenon and the crowd was going to be amazing any night of the week.

It was pre-AIDS.

That's what you think.

e. kaye -

It was special.

It was pre-AIDS.

Adam Carolla says the social GOAT time to party was "Mid coke, Pre AIDS" I picture 54 era parties exemplifying that time. Phone Post 3.0

disco sucks so no i wouldn't think of going.

I promise you that if you're a regular person you would think it was a bunch of bullshit.

If you're a hipster or a person who tries real hard to project and image you would have loved it.

Sounds like fun. Cocaine on every table and no fucks given. Phone Post 3.0

SnapLocally - 
e. kaye - 

It was special.

It was pre-AIDS.

It was pre-AIDS.

That's what you think.

It was 77.

One of my friends was one of the earliest victims, he died in 80.   Back then it was called GRID and no one lasted long.  If you got infected, you died sooner rather than later.

my biggest problem is im not a dancer so...id be in the corner doing drugs probably..

it may have opened pre-aids but it closed in 86...Aids popped up in early 80s so im sure that more than a few Aids cases were passed around in the club..lol..

Holy shit at that Michael Jackson hair.

It was really over in 80 because of their tax problems.