Studio 540?

What's the deal with this place? I see they constantly have huge name seminars. Who is the normal teacher there? And why isn't in my town?

I thought the same thing- I looked up the school because of that. I think maybe Joel Tudor teaches there?

I think the owner is really well off and is able to pay for seminars without the usual worry of if the students will cover the cost.

tudor owns it?

Tudor isn't the owner.

It's owned by an ex-Gracie Barra guy who opened 540 as a non affiliation type school. They have free seminars with top blackbelts every week. Pretty sure it was never meant to be profitable, just awesome. Phone Post 3.0

i wish it was closer.

Yeah, its amazing.

These guys usually charge thousands for seminars, I can't see how they can keep giving it to the public for free.

Somebody told me the guy that owns it is a super wealthy dude and also owns a share in metamoris. Also that one of his goals is to get marcelo over to the west coast for a seminar. Fly him out in a private jet or some shit. Phone Post 3.0

From what I was told, the owner is pretty well off and uses the studio as a write off. Don't know how it works, but whatever as long as they keep giving out free seminars.

That's awesome. Where is this place? Phone Post 3.0

Shinsplint - That's awesome. Where is this place? Phone Post 3.0

Right here in the bjj Capitol outside of Brazil, San Diego (Del Mar specifically).

ozjiujitsu - Somebody told me the guy that owns it is a super wealthy dude and also owns a share in metamoris. Also that one of his goals is to get marcelo over to the west coast for a seminar. Fly him out in a private jet or some shit. Phone Post 3.0

Robert Zeps.

So does anyone actually train there from these boards? Is it setup like a normal school. Affiliated with anyone? Phone Post 3.0

My buddy Steve gable trains there and says it's amazing Phone Post 3.0

Steve Gable is an old training partner of mine.  Great guy.  I'll be in SoCal this December/January and am working out the timing for a seminar there.  Really looking forward to it. :)

I just visited San Diego last week and trained at 540 whilst filming a documentary on BJJ in SoCal.
We interviewed Rob and Joel, both of whom were two of the nicest guys I met on the trip. The atmosphere on the mats is unique amongst the students.

Rob doesn't seem interested in making money out if the gym, he just wants the sport to grow and for everyone to enjoy it. Hence all the free seminars. It really was awesome to see and very refreshing. I came out of there a very happy person. I wish those guys all the success in the world. Phone Post 3.0

well, nice calendar and all, and I saw the "gracie" name, and I hear they want marcelo to fly out for a seminar.....even galvao on the calendar. ok, I get it, they are pretty decent. but why no shen?

Mike Wazowski - well, nice calendar and all, and I saw the "gracie" name, and I hear they want marcelo to fly out for a seminar.....even galvao on the calendar. ok, I get it, they are pretty decent. but why no shen?

Honestly, that can be explained by one word: Haterz.

Besides, Elon Musk and I are working on a new school concept where we are going to bring in ELITE BJJ guys and actually PAY seminar attendees, $80-$150, per hour to train with them.

Welp, if I move to SD. That's where I'm training Phone Post 3.0

^ Yeah so then an oppuntunity came up, I did a couple basic seminars for ISIS --and now suddenly people are acting like I'M the bad guy...?

Un be liev able.

Zepps is the guy keeping metamoris rolling as well. Phone Post 3.0