Studio Engineer types

Problem: Only recording one channel (left)

Layout as such: mic/guitar seperate inputs in to TC helicon play acoustic. Out from play acoustic to Presonus mixer channel 1. From Mixer to headphone jack input on computer.

Recording by way of Movie Maker (lols).

But ya...wtf halp

Did you check the pans on the mixer channels? 

are you getting both feeds into your card but only on the left channel?

im sorry your description isn't helping me without pics or knowledge of your setup

Not familiar with gear but just looking at it, you should have two outs to two inputs on mixer.

Also, quit using shitty headphone jacks to record. If the USB output on the Play Acoustic works for that, use it.

BarkLikeADog - Not familiar with gear but just looking at it, you should have two outs to two inputs on mixer.

Also, quit using shitty headphone jacks to record. If the USB output on the Play Acoustic works for that, use it.

Thanks guys!

My mixer is an older model studio live. No Usb... but you’re right. I think I got it sorted....forgot to mention for no good reason I also had it going through a tc helicon amp which was making one channel. 

Pull the plug out of the wall and go home.

Bag of rice

Sounds like you are getting floating voltages across the fade balancer. Check the maine line rheostat for carbon checking. The other common issue would be on the XLC connector, look for a short across pins 1 and 4. That will give you a load imbalance and loss off dB control.

Mayfield - Sounds like you are getting floating voltages across the fade balancer. Check the maine line rheostat for carbon checking. The other common issue would be on the XLC connector, look for a short across pins 1 and 4. That will give you a load imbalance and loss off dB control.

Would this affect the diaphram of the flux capacitor because that’s seemingly fluid in it’s rigidity. 

Ok!... now I have the “play acoustic” pedal feeding directly into said presonus studio live 16ch mixer. Have voice out via xlr and guitar xlr out from play acoustic pedal into presonus mixer. Ch1 vocals, ch2 guitar. Now when I record left side is vocals, right side is guitar perspectively making for the oddest mix in the history of civilization. Pan is dead center...I stand corrected in that I am connected via firewire from mixer into computer. I haven’t fucked with this in a awhile obviously.

Powdered toast man... I could do that but I would still be home... seems counterproductive besides cutting back on my electric bill. 

Also I expect someone to absolutely rage on me. Nobody gets their panties in a bunch online more than audio guys it’s fucking hillariously good!.

SD CARTEL -
Mayfield - Sounds like you are getting floating voltages across the fade balancer. Check the maine line rheostat for carbon checking. The other common issue would be on the XLC connector, look for a short across pins 1 and 4. That will give you a load imbalance and loss off dB control.

Would this affect the diaphram of the flux capacitor because that’s seemingly fluid in it’s rigidity. 

Ok!... now I have the “play acoustic” pedal feeding directly into said presonus studio live 16ch mixer. Have voice out via xlr and guitar xlr out from play acoustic pedal into presonus mixer. Ch1 vocals, ch2 guitar. Now when I record left side is vocals, right side is guitar perspectively making for the oddest mix in the history of civilization. Pan is dead center...I stand corrected in that I am connected via firewire from mixer into computer. I haven’t fucked with this in a awhile obviously.

Powdered toast man... I could do that but I would still be home... seems counterproductive besides cutting back on my electric bill. 

Also I expect someone to absolutely rage on me. Nobody gets their panties in a bunch online more than audio guys it’s fucking hillariously good!.

Flux Capacitor? ! Sure, if you like using the outdated Mumford 2.1 format, and re balancing your tone levels every set up. It's not 1990 anymore.

Mayfield -
SD CARTEL -

Flux Capacitor? ! Sure, if you like using the outdated Mumford 2.1 format, and re balancing your tone levels every set up. It's not 1990 anymore.

The thing about it is I have guitar centers new “The Carpenters” audio interface which is less for HZ’s and more for duo’s. I’ll restructure my wav files accordingly but I doubt that will ultimately curtail this problem. 

How many music makers are on the OG?

Someone should start a mixing thread.

u r a rich guy with white privilege 

surely u can afford better recording stuff

at least pirate a good program off torrents

movie maker?!?!?!?

u gotta be shittin me

audacity is free

"My mixer is an older model studio live. No Usb... "

I said the Play Acoustic, not the mixer. It has a USB out. Didn't look up your manual but presumably that's a DAW interface, direct digital output, no goofy a->d->a->d conversion through a lousy headphone amp.

^^Reaper also free with a 3 second nag.

BarkLikeADog - ^^Reaper also free with a 3 second nag.

It's $60, but you get 90 days free I think.

One of the best value purchases you can make though.

^Forever, just a nag.

BarkLikeADog - "My mixer is an older model studio live. No Usb... "

I said the Play Acoustic, not the mixer. It has a USB out. Didn't look up your manual but presumably that's a DAW interface, direct digital output, no goofy a->d->a->d conversion through a lousy headphone amp.

I like to run it through the mixer for the EQ purpose....though I was mistaken the out ftom my mixer was a firewire cable not headphone jack. 

Ranier true... though, my recording stuff ain’t too bad. Mixer was over 2g,s albeit 7 years ago... but ya windows movie maker haha... I need to switch that up though I don’t think it’s tge culprit in bot recording in stereo.