Study finds marriage can cause depression

"After years of advice from experts telling us that marriage helps keep us happy, healthy and longer-lived, a study has found that it can also lead to depression."

"Being nagged or criticised or feeling let down by your other half are just some of the triggers for dissatisfaction with marriage found by psychologists in the US."

"Those who suffer long-term stress within the relationship are more unlikely to enjoy the positive aspects of being married – a hallmark of depression."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/wellbeing/10791937/Marriage-can-cause-depression-study-finds.html

Dammit Phone Post 3.0

lol

Study finds that fire is hot

Pretty sure anything can cause depression. Phone Post 3.0

Was this study done by Captain Obvious by chance?

Married and bored, single and LONELY. In other news people have a hard time appreciating what they have and always feel the grass is greener on the other side.

Isn't exactly breaking news. Phone Post 3.0

Ha ha! No shit... Every miserable person I know is married Phone Post 3.0

I take great joy in hearing my wife complain and nag nearly 90% of the time.

Not sure why people don't appreciate the little things in life.

DaveFu - 

THIS

VTFU

Thats great and all but Im eagerly awaiting the conclusion of the "Is water fucking wet" studies....

Ryan Prouty - 

Thats great and all but Im eagerly awaiting the conclusion of the "Is water fucking wet" studies....

Water isn't wet. Wetness is the state of things that come in contact with water.

marriage can also cause chronic alcoholism

If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life

Never make a pretty woman your wife

So from my personal point of view

Get an ugly girl to marry you

Anyone here take antidepressants after getting married?

I'm more interested in who the experts are that are saying marriage keeps people happy, healthy and longer-lived. I think that type of mentality is a big part of the problem. In reality, a marriage is only as good as the relationship it's based upon, and a relationship is only as good as the happiness of the individuals involved.

Proteus The Invincible - I'm more interested in who the experts are that are saying marriage keeps people happy, healthy and longer-lived. I think that type of mentality is a big part of the problem. In reality, a marriage is only as good as the relationship it's based upon, and a relationship is only as good as the happiness of the individuals involved.

yes well put

Source: Obvious, Cpt et al. 2014