Stupid question of the day...

Okay, so this might seem like a really dumb question, but i was thinking about this earlier in the day. Would a spinning back-fist work in boxing?

I don't even know if it would be practical, or even legal. I see it used in kickboxing frequently and was just curious. As you can probably tell, I'm not all that familiar with boxing, so be gentle

BJs Pen - Okay, so this might seem like a really dumb question, but i was thinking about this earlier in the day. Would a spinning back-fist work in boxing?

I don't even know if it would be practical, or even legal. I see it used in kickboxing frequently and was just curious. As you can probably tell, I'm not all that familiar with boxing, so be gentle
Yeah you were correct a stupid question! A very stupid question Phone Post 3.0

martinburke - It's illegal. Too much chance of forearm or elbow landing instead of glove.

It's usually referred to as a pivot punch in boxing history.

Thank you!

BJs Pen - Okay, so this might seem like a really dumb question, but i was thinking about this earlier in the day. Would a spinning back-fist work in boxing?

it's illegal. and i can't see a scenario in high level boxing to make it even work,

You can't hit with the edge of the glove. You have to hit with the "scoring portion" of the glove (i.e. the knuckles.) Most boxing fans remember seeing Baer do this to a ridiculous extent.

Could it work if added into your repertoire of boxing used as a self defense martial art? Yeah probably, if you did it correctly. But they you aren't really boxing anymore, your using boxing as a good striking base.

For the record, I hate the back slapping jab some guys in MMA use (Franklin has used it a lot.) It's trash. Throw a real jab for the same effort and open up other opporutnities.

THATS FUCKING ILLEGAL. Phone Post 3.0