Stupid sh*t you bought during a lockdown?

What is the dumbest thing you bought during a covid lockdown while on-line shopping?

1 Like

I am Jewish. I don't make stupid purchases. 

3 Likes
ufc98newb -

Oh I bet you doooooooooo!

Nothing really. It was basically same as usual shopping wise except for that weekend I ran out of toilet paper and all the hoarders bought it all up. Then I had to resort to wet wipes for 2 days.

I just bought a 75” tele because I spend so much time at home now....it’s stupid big

1 Like

A lifetime supply of rice

3 Likes

I bought a stack of board games. I remembered being a kid and loved playing board games. For some reason, it didn’t click that those days were when all we had was a Nintendo and a limited library of games.

So yea, we have like 6 different Monopoly games now, all but 3 are unopened.

I also bought several giant sized driveway games. Like a “table tennis” game with paddles twice the size of tennis rackets. A football too big for my kids to even catch. “beer pong” with cups the size of buckets. And a kids version of an axe throwing game with target.

1 Like
Mountain Medic -

A lifetime supply of rice

Me too!

![](upload://74mvSpDsL8iiSWPA8pJplFQmsY7.gif)

A pallet of toilet paper 

1 Like

3 watches I absolutely won't wear for quite a while because  90% of the time I don't wear a watch at home.

Enough paper products to supply the neighborhood. Enough water to fill a small pool. Enough dry goods (beans, rice, flour, salt, sugar, pasta...) to feed a battalion. 

Thankfully it'll all get used eventually, but I'm wondering about the shelf life of the gallons and gallons of sanitizing products I have stored in the extra room.

Plus side, the extra thousands of rounds of 9mm, .223, .22, and .45 have greatly appreciated in value.

So, win?

TTTeh

b.d. -

3 watches I absolutely won't wear for quite a while because  90% of the time I don't wear a watch at home.

Enough paper products to supply the neighborhood. Enough water to fill a small pool. Enough dry goods (beans, rice, flour, salt, sugar, pasta...) to feed a battalion. 

Thankfully it'll all get used eventually, but I'm wondering about the shelf life of the gallons and gallons of sanitizing products I have stored in the extra room.

Plus side, the extra thousands of rounds of 9mm, .223, .22, and .45 have greatly appreciated in value.

So, win?

True, I could probably payoff the house if I sold all my ammo.

Lol?

Pokémon cards. Thousands of dollars for the “kids”. Brings me back to my baseball card days. 

A blue name 

I’ve never really been a musical person. I played trombone in school band for a year, sucked at it, and never picked up another instrument.

Just after going into lockdown I thought I should give an instrument another shot. I didn’t want to invest much money in case it turned out like the trombone, so I bought a ukulele.

Wouldn’t you know, I actually got kinda good at it. So now I can shed on a ukulele and all I can think about is how I should have gotten a guitar.

I Bought a whittling knife. I'm assuming that I was drunk and thought to myself, "you know, whittling sounds like something I could get in to." I dont even know where the knife is.

1 Like
ufc98newb -

What about diy Moyle kit?

CoughSyrupOD - I've never really been a musical person. I played trombone in school band for a year, sucked at it, and never picked up another instrument.

Just after going into lockdown I thought I should give an instrument another shot. I didn’t want to invest much money in case it turned out like the trombone, so I bought a ukulele.

Wouldn’t you know, I actually got kinda good at it. So now I can shed on a ukulele and all I can think about is how I should have gotten a guitar.

Yep you fucked up …a uke   really?