Stupid things TMA fans have said to you

I was remembering some of the deluded crap that's been spouted over the years when the topic of martial arts comes up.
Some that I can remember:

"Bruce Lee was constantly hard! he always had an erection!"
This from a Lebanese crowd controller called Ali, he shook his fist in front of him to demonstrate, with a fevered look of admiration in his eyes. BEEEEEEEEP

"My Kung Fu instructor knocked down an entire house from the roof to the foundations with his bare hands!, and his teacher used to compete in underground Kung Fu death matches in China!"
From a friend of a friend I met at a party doing some kind of Kung Fu kata stuff while he was drunk.

"My Karate instructor knocked out a charging bull with a punch!"
From a random at a pub when we were talking about martial arts at the bar.

Feel free to add your own.

My dad (who has been watching MMA for the last 5 years and has seen some of the first UFC's as well) told me last month that Karate guys could win easily in MMA but weren't allowed to do certain moves as they could kill or severely injure people. The worst thing is he was being deadly serious, so I did what any good son would do and laughed in his face and called him a stupid old idiot. Phone Post

around 2002 a boxing fan who didnt like mma told me there is no science in the ufc

as if every fighter was just a bar brawler and nobody uses actual technique

Big hockey fan friend of mine says MMA wouldn't work on ice..............

I didn't know what to say.........it WOULD be hard to pull off a double leg on ice........or a kick......

Guess he had a point.

use your qi..
I'll use my qi when they use their iq, see what i did there?

iv been told some styles are just too deadly for the octagon. like pressure points i guess lol

A FMA guy told me his GM could press a point in the left elbow that stopped you from ever having an erection again. And that he had seen this done to à traitor in the phillipines. Phone Post

Stupid lines always seem to start with, "I can do that!"

Watching MMA live and the guy in front of me when the fight hit the ground just stood up and shouted:

"GET UP! GET UP!"

Then turns to his buddy beside him and says "He's just lying there on the ground while that other guy is punching him. Why doesn't he just get up? Know what I mean? Just GET UP!"

As if he thought the fighter was quite content to sit and get his face smashed because he didn't understand the concept of standing up.

The year 2000 called. It wants its thread back...

Tiny Lister, D-Bo, standing in my living room with Sam Pai and some other people. Watching the UFC...."Lawrence Taylor would wreck those guys !"

Anything a TMA 'fan' says is guaranteed to be stupid.

/thread

"Awwwww" whenever there's a takedown. Or: "I would just throw a knee" after someone gets taken down. Phone Post

My GF - her friends son, who is a black belt in karate had to register his hands as lethal weapons!

I lol'd pretty hard at that one...

BJJ guys are tuf

i LOLed

I met a guy whose instructor graduated from the karate college in Korea. For graduation you had to pull out the heart of a bull bare handed.

ive heard stuff from instructors knocking down trees simply by 1 punch to KOing charging bulls

BrutalMedic - Watching MMA live and the guy in front of me when the fight hit the ground just stood up and shouted:

"GET UP! GET UP!"

Then turns to his buddy beside him and says "He's just lying there on the ground while that other guy is punching him. Why doesn't he just get up? Know what I mean? Just GET UP!"

As if he thought the fighter was quite content to sit and get his face smashed because he didn't understand the concept of standing up.

You were sitting that close to Rampage?

"Boxing is a total waste of time ... I can destroy any boxer"

"There is no way you could take me down"

FullPint - The year 2000 called. It wants its thread back...

Yeah, I'm sure there are still TMA practitioners who trash MMA but they are a lot less vocal now.

I do remember back in the 90's when the local Hapkido master called the UFC fake.