Suave interview

Interview with Ricco "Suave" Rodriguez

http://www.insidefighting.com/betweenRoundsDisp.aspx?uid=553

cut from interview - "That's when the UFC came along. They pretty much took Pride's golden boy and gave me 5 fights."

lofl

nice interview

Great interview. He's right about that Golden Boy stuff. I remember the glassy-eyed Pride fans on here bashing the UFC and saying things about how great Ricco was going to be. They were right- Ricco has turned into a great fighter. But since he left Pride, there has been a lot of hate directed his way by internet punks.

UFC needs Ricco back soon. He is a rarity- a big fast aggressive heavyweight who can do subs. I think Kyle is way beneath his level and should rematch Sims, but I hope Ricco is back in UFC later this year.

ttt 4 ricco suave vs mir!!!!

"How was he Pride's golden boy?"

He received that title after he defeated the very tough and popular Giant Ochi (rip) by smother.

LMAO @ "Pride's golden boy"

Pride and the Japanese fans thought he was boring.

SA

i'd like to see him back in the UFC, he is an exciting fighter.

Mir vs Ricco would be a great matchup of styles. Both big heavies with great grappling abilities.

rematch Sims ??hope u dont mean in UFC

good then when tim finally tests clean he can do what he did last time- make another of my favorite HLs!

He was invited to be the first American member of the
Takada Dojo. I would say that qualifies as Golden Boy
status

LOL. I remember arguing on various MMA websites 5 years ago. Pride fans had a much different view of Ricco back then.

"I was a very young and technical fighter. I was very methodical. And they didn't like that."

Read - I was boring as fuck, and they didn't want me anymore.

damn good interview. i was expecting an ego.... i was tricked!!!

lol.

ttt.

ttt for ricco