Subconciuosly Hughes Wanted 2 Lose

I've been a huge fan of Matt Hughes' for years and have been following his career. He's such a class act- in and out of the ring and his talent is tremendous. Before each fight in the UFC since he won his belt, you can see the determination on his face and that he was psyched up to win and defend his belt. I don't know but watching him at the BJ Penn fight, I didn't get the same impression. He looked a little out of it, very subdued and quiet, nervous. I'd think after 5 successful defenses of his belt, this would be just another fight for him, especially against someone who moved up a weight class to fight him, and a fight that he trained for over 2 months. I don't know but something was not right. I hope he gets a rematch to prove he is still the seasoned fighter that he is.

ROFL

You guys are on some classic bullshit...

Basically Hughes got his ass tossed and dominated by a smaller opponent. His feelings are hurt, he's totally stunned and like said about Frank Trigg, "he's nursing his bruised ego"... lol

He can't even be a man about it and you guys aren't helping. What kind of man wants to lose to take the pressure off? To NOT be the champion, so that life can be alot easier? To be the tops in his division, making good money, to dominate the best fighters in the world and be smug about it? What man DOESN'T want that? Seems that Matt Hughes had some bitch in him, that came out when he got his ass whipped.

No sympathy for Hughes or the MFS. You have to win and be humble winning, as well as in defeat.

He needed to say something. BJ beat him fair and square and he needed an excuse. I'd agree that being the champ you'd feel pressure and everyone gunning for you, but thats what being the champ means. Take it like a man Matt, you where a good champ!! Now he gets to be the gunner!!!

wow Legitimate... congrats... think I've seen you on every thread regarding this fight trolling now...

quick... there's a building calling for you to jump off it...

It is hard for dsome to accept, but B.J. is one of the best Grapplers on the planet, and heis game translates well to MMA. B.j. is better than Matt Hughes. Better stiking, and better ground. It would be hard for Matt Hughes to beat B.J. unless B.J. gassed, otherwise his only hope would be a JD by lay and pray.

Another wrestler bites the dust.

At the weigh ins I could see the fear in Matt's eyes. The night before the fight Matt was asking Team MFS what BJ would be doing and how he would attack. After the fight he told the doctors that he was hit so hard then BJ was on his back! At the press conference he stated that he is not a striker and not a submission expert but that he is a grappler/ wrestler.

BJ makes many people look when training or fighting him like Gomi etc!!!

BJ pound for pound the best in the world!!!

ROTR!!

hughes took the fight lightly like we all did. so he lost, he doesnt care, none of us care. the only people who care are penn nut huggers. the hype is alive again

hughes took the fight lightly like we all did. so he lost, he doesnt care, none of us care. the only people who care are penn nut huggers. the hype is alive again

You sure are on a lot of these Penn threads for someone who "doesn't care"...

Hmmmm... can anyone say troll?

cough, faggot

awwwwww... what's the matter??? run out of witty commentary?

Take it from a farm boy... right now there is very little to do on the farm in IL, or IA. If you don't have livestock, you are just waiting until the ground thaws so you can start disking (plowing for you non farm folk, but it really is not the same thing). You have finished all of your equipment repair, so most of your time is spent watching the commodity markets to find out when the best time to unload your harvested crop is. This is the time when most farmers get a "winter" job to supplement their income, or just to push back the boredom.
Matt would have had plenty of time to train, and farming really would not be on his mind, as there would not be much to worry him. In the spring, and summer is a different story, though. You pay for your off time with 19, and 20 hour days tiring to get the crop planted/harvested.

holy shit... 19 and 20 hour days... no wonder hughes is so friggin' strong...

that and the roids

A lot of people took this post all wrong.... It was not meant to take anything away from Penn... Penn fought an amazing fight. He would probably beat Matt if they fought again.

"the hype is alive again"

the single most annoying thing about Penn winning IMO.

I certainly think it's weird that Pulver grinded down on BJ while absorbing minimal punishment himself, while Hughes went out in the first round...

Especially since Pulver can make 145 now... and BJ was coming up in weight to fight Matt who has to cut down.

Adam... True, I call it a 'bad night' for Matt.

I agree.

I think the pressure was getting ridiculous and he wanted a way out of it.

matt hasn't gotten dominated like that in years you mean...if matt wanted to ever win a fight this is the one..i mean come,he said it him self he trained harder for this fight than any...and he said he would be embaressed to lose..he also said he almost got knocked out from bj's dropping right.taking nothing away from both but bj deserves every ounce of the belt and than some