Submissions How To: UFC 2009

Ok, I figured I would make a thread for this because of how many people are complaining about the submissions. A lot of people are saying they are impossible to do, and that you will always lose positions. Wrong, you are just trying them at the wrong time. I'm 32-1 right now and have about 15 submission victories (and I wasn't aiming for submissions victories in particular).

First, if you really want to win online, turn on the stamina bars. This will help immensely. Now the only time you want to go for a submission is when your stamina is green, and your opponents stamina is red (or even preferably at 0). When you trigger the submission tap the buttons like crazy or spin the right stick. I will guarantee you will pull of the submission 95% of the time, especially if you are in a dominant position like mount.

So if your on your feet and some guy is going crazy with the strikes, or just dominated you in the muah thai plum, take his ass down. He will no longer have any stamina, and your's should be full... pull off the kneebar (or anything else) no problem.

If your in the mount or sidemount or whatever, and your fighting some guy who's trying every transition possible to get off his back... just sit back and hold right or left on the right stick and wait for his stamina to go in the red (you can also punch him intermediately of course)... when it's in the red, trigger the submission and he'll be tapping in seconds. If the guy is not trying transitions to get out, well then just punch him in the face until you knock his ass out.

I'm sure most of you knew this but some people seemed pretty clueless as to how to pull them off so I hope this helped.

Oh and one more thing, if someone is trying a submission on you and your stamina is in the green, don't press the buttons. Instead spin the stick, this will lead to a technical escape and you'll end up in a good positions when you escape (usually sidemount), as opposed to standing back up when you press the buttons to escape. If our stamina is nearing the red, tap the buttons as this has a greater chance of escape, but if your stamina is too low you'll probably get tapped out.

1 hahaha!  2 hahaha!  3!  hahaha!  4!  hahaha!

4 Wrong Forum Assholes!  HAHAHA!

Yea I actually meant to put this in the gamerground, please move mods.

Holy shit!  VTFU for that!

Tom O Bedlam -

1 hahaha! 2 hahaha! 3! hahaha! 4! hahaha!

4 Wrong Forum Assholes! HAHAHA!

Frantic - 
Tom O Bedlam -

1 hahaha! 2 hahaha! 3! hahaha! 4! hahaha!

4 Wrong Forum Assholes! HAHAHA!

Fuck that.  You're on a mountain, hit that bitch with a rock!

She'll go down.

Then you can go down.

Tom O Bedlam - 

lmaoo Tom

If I can find this thread in the morning you know I have to add that to www.wrongforumasshole.com

RickStorm - 
Tom O Bedlam - 

lmaoo Tom

If I can find this thread in the morning you know I have to add that to www.wrongforumasshole.com

lol without the picture it's nothing.

If I had photoshop I would whip up a quick one with the text in the picture.

Actually, I might be able to do that any way.  Squared Circle is a pretty good chopper.

I will try to get him to make one up.