Subway in UK will be turning to halal meat only

What do u guys think of this? Apparently there's been a lot of complaints about ham and bacon being sold at subway so they are going to change it.... Phone Post 3.0

rip UK

Just saw that on the news. What the holy fuck is happening in those countries. Fuckin crazy. Phone Post 3.0

TTT Phone Post 3.0

Are they just catering to their customers at that location? For instance I hear in the south they sell fried twinkies. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah, if this is just a case of Subways in certain Muslim-heavy neighborhoods altering their menu to satisfy their actual customers then I see no issue -- it's just good business sense.

If Subway is actually eliminating all non-halal products from all its locations in the UK in order to avoid offending Muslims then I can see why people would be upset. I don't know the demographics of the UK, so it's possible that a move like this would stand to bring in more money than it would lose, but without doing any research I doubt it.

I thought this was a subway bomber thread. Great name for the sandwich. Phone Post 3.0

And I just did a quick google that turned this up:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/04/30/did-subway-really-cut-bacon-and-ham-from-185-stores-due-to-islamic-demand/

From the sound of it, this is mostly just a case of the Daily Mail scraping the bottom of the barrel for a story. In the UK, there are 185 Subway locations that have halal meat available. They have existed since 2007 -- the only thing that changed recently is that two locations chose to stop offering pork products. I'd bet that both those locations serve an almost exclusively Muslim clientele.

This has turned into articles with titles about Sharia law and the like. I find a lot of things about Islam to be highly problematic, but this isn't one.

Dont worry, it wont end well for subway. Everone i know is never going in there again. With thousands and thousands of people online saying the same.

Also to whoever said what is going on in those countries, you should take a look at all the muslim brotherhood infiltrators inside the democratic party. Phone Post 3.0

itswhitty - And I just did a quick google that turned this up:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/04/30/did-subway-really-cut-bacon-and-ham-from-185-stores-due-to-islamic-demand/

From the sound of it, this is mostly just a case of the Daily Mail scraping the bottom of the barrel for a story. In the UK, there are 185 Subway locations that have halal meat available. They have existed since 2007 -- the only thing that changed recently is that two locations chose to stop offering pork products. I'd bet that both those locations serve an almost exclusively Muslim clientele.

This has turned into articles with titles about Sharia law and the like. I find a lot of things about Islam to be highly problematic, but this isn't one.
See what you mean, but thats not the point. If i go to pakistan and demand non halal meat, i will be dead within minutes. Phone Post 3.0

Sandwich of peace. Phone Post 3.0

TheHaunted2 - 

See what you mean, but thats not the point. If i go to pakistan and demand non halal meat, i will be dead within minutes. Phone Post 3.0

Actually its more analagous to certain western-centric holiday destinations in places in the middle east that work around sharia law to serve alcohol.

LordSeano - 
TheHaunted2 - 

Actually its more analagous to certain western-centric holiday destinations in places in the middle east that work around sharia law to serve alcohol.

Exactly. Demanding that a store continue to sell a product that none of their customers want just because customers in other areas like it makes no sense, especially when continuing to stock said product is driving away customers.

I think there are plenty of vile aspects of Islam that get tolerated as "cultural differences," but if people don't want to eat pigs, they don't want to eat pigs. I don't care why and I'm not going to demand that the Subway stock pigs.

If this is just some rogue subway in a non-muslim area doing this, customers will be dissatisfied and stop going there. One way or another this will fail to affect anyone who isn't already involved.

LordSeano -
TheHaunted2 - 

Its a good job i wont go to them, but this is the beginning. Mark my words, its started with the halal shit, then with sharia wills (written into our legal system!) now interest free bank accounts and mortgages. More and more will come. It will be areas next. Phone Post 3.0

I think its just certain stores in predominantly Muslim areas, but its still fucking ridiculous. Hopefully whites boycott Subway into changing their minds.

madmav - rip UK
. Phone Post 3.0

Res ipsa loquitar - 
Teenage mutant lesnar turtle - 

I think its just certain stores in predominantly Muslim areas, but its still fucking ridiculous. Hopefully whites boycott Subway into changing their minds.

I know. totally insane for a few subways to cater to their primary cliental. I mean...i am outraged.

It isnt a small local independent store, its a huge global food chain changing its menu in some neighbourhoods to cater to a specific race/religion that makes up about 3% of the national population. What if you belong to the 97% non Muslim population, walk into one of these particular stores and want something containing pork or dont want to financially support the Halal process?

^Then you go somewhere else; are you retarded?

But when that 3% is highly localised it makes total business sense. Its not like its 3% of the turnover across every store. More like there are some stores with almost exclusively muslim customer base. Why wouldn't you do it? Phone Post 3.0

BarkLikeADog - ^Then you go somewhere else; are you retarded?

What if you live in the area? its a fucking Subway, its a national chain, when you walk in there you expect a standardised menu, which usually contains multiple pork products and is non Halal. I suppose it'd be fine if the local Asda and Tesco express branches no longer stock alcohol or pork products and only serve Halal meat in areas with lots of Muslims too right? which would cover like..I dunno, half of the neighbourhoods in a place like Birmingham.