success using boxing in MMA

I just reread my last post and for some reason I thought of a football analogy. Think of the reputation of Fred "The Hammer" Williamson.
Fred Williamson was a cornerback with acting ambitions who boasted a black belt in karate. He possessed a secret weapon he called "The Hammer," a hard forearm chop across the helmet. He developed this karate-based offensive move which he called "The Hammer" or forearm shiver in order to intimidate and slowdown the receivers he faced on the field. IT was so effective that eventually the move was banned.

So even though his opponents knew this was coming and they were by all accounts superior athletes playing in the NFL, they were unable to stop this strike. He practiced this until it was second nature to him. A natural move that he did instinctively the moment the ball was snapped. Now there were other lass aggressive things a cornerback could do off the line, but this was the technique that Williamson focused on and it was the move that made him famous.

He thought out of the box and came up with something that his opponents had not seen before and had not trained to defend against. And it made him famous.

Deacon Jones used the head slap also, and he's the real reason it was banned. He was so strong he'd break guy's helmets with it and/or give them concussions.

ttt

ttt

ttttttttttttttttttttttt

ttt

i think boxing does work in MMA after all, like you predicted lol

what a time warp it is to see people’s uncertainty about boxing used in MMA back then