Successful dojo storm?

https://youtu.be/zI7UT8qp3jI

1 Like
jcblass -
UltimateKeyboardWarrior - Royce came off weak in that. I guess the Gracie Challenge only applies when a Gracie wins.

In all fairness, the Gracie’s claim was that traditional martial arts were ineffective, so they would prove that by showing a glaring flaw in traditional marital arts (no grappling ability).

I frankly think its pussy to be a roided out pro-MMA fighter, then wait for some no-name (ok lesser known) Gracie to finish his 2 hour seminar, before calling him out for a fight.

The Gracies didn’t claim every member of the family could beat any person alive.

That’s the best way to do it.  Keep the odds in your favor!

I ve been training since 04 and lurking here a loooong time and was not aware of this gracie / riccio beef. How salacious! I want more details. 

I would nominate the guy that beat up darren whatever the fuck. The undefeated prison fighter. Pretty sure that was a UGer.  Its been a minute though. I recall he kod him though.

Tmaguru -
UltimateKeyboardWarrior -
Tmaguru - 

I don't know if I would call it a dojo storm but...

1987 - Had an instructor who owned a TKD/Hapkido school and also taught lessons at the YMCA.

Another local karate school guy had been telling his students and anyone who would listen that my instructor was

not legit.  He showed up at the YMCA one night talking shit.  They arranged a 'sparring' session at the other dude's dojo.  About half our students showed up and must have been all of his.  I watched my instructor tune this guy up for about 10 minutes not going full strength at all before they called it.

It was pretty clear the other dude could not fight.  I dont know if he was legit or not, it was very difficult to find out back then, but he damn sure could not fight.

Thing is, my instructor also boxed and if there is anything that traditional martial arts lack it is boxing / hands.  

We picked up a few of his students over the next month and that was that.

They recorded it but I never saw the video and always wished I could find a copy.  I suspect the other dude destroyed it.

Of all the things that never happened, this never happened the most.

10 minute fight between TMA instructors?

Sure

some of you people just cant believe it when someone has an interesting life compared to your sitting around in your underwear beating off to my little pony

Yeah. That must be it. Karate fight at the ymca. Super interesting life you lead. Your trophy medal is in the mail.

Tmaguru -
RenatoCocopreta -
Tmaguru - 

I don't know if I would call it a dojo storm but...

1987 - Had an instructor who owned a TKD/Hapkido school and also taught lessons at the YMCA.

Another local karate school guy had been telling his students and anyone who would listen that my instructor was

not legit.  He showed up at the YMCA one night talking shit.  They arranged a 'sparring' session at the other dude's dojo.  About half our students showed up and must have been all of his.  I watched my instructor tune this guy up for about 10 minutes not going full strength at all before they called it.

It was pretty clear the other dude could not fight.  I dont know if he was legit or not, it was very difficult to find out back then, but he damn sure could not fight.

Thing is, my instructor also boxed and if there is anything that traditional martial arts lack it is boxing / hands.  

We picked up a few of his students over the next month and that was that.

They recorded it but I never saw the video and always wished I could find a copy.  I suspect the other dude destroyed it.

If you’re going to make up a story at least make it about yourself, or did you think it was more believable this way?

nobody gives a fuck what you think, little boy

Lololololololol @ little boy

Sick fucking burn broham. 4th degree.