Sucks for Uncle Creepy

Tug Dabone - 

Creepy said on Twitter it was the rope. He also said they aren't allowed to use vaseline on their faces over there and that might be part of what caused it.

Im not sure about that, plus Japan has never allowed vaseline, its kind of ridiculous vaseline is a part of MMA in the west, it is a crossover from boxing, but when grappling is involved vaseline shouldnt be.

Meh... he was going to lose anyway. Another excuse in a long line of excuses for the last 5 years.

From bleacherreport.com:

Boner McGregor -

Lol @ ropes causing that :D

This

EckY -
Tug Dabone - 

Creepy said on Twitter it was the rope. He also said they aren't allowed to use vaseline on their faces over there and that might be part of what caused it.

Im not sure about that, plus Japan has never allowed vaseline, its kind of ridiculous vaseline is a part of MMA in the west, it is a crossover from boxing, but when grappling is involved vaseline shouldnt be.

I would rather see a fighter slip out of a triangle here and there because of vaseline over a ton of fighters getting nasty ripping facial cuts because of a lack of it.

Stu Cazzo - 
EckY -
Tug Dabone - 

I would rather see a fighter slip out of a triangle here and there because of vaseline over a ton of fighters getting nasty ripping facial cuts because of a lack of it.

Was the same in PRIDE and DREAM but it was never a problem.

EckY -
Stu Cazzo - 
EckY -
Tug Dabone - 

Was the same in PRIDE and DREAM but it was never a problem.

I know they had different gloves too - maybe that helped.

Boner McGregor -

Lol @ ropes causing that :D

This, lol

Saltine American -

Here’s a pic of the cut. I’d credit the rope. If you look up near his hairline, there’s a second opening in line with first, more consistent with a rope than knee or strike. 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DSNdL1tX4AAFM34.jpg:large

Not sure if that is a 2nd opening or not. Might just be his hair. If so it does look like caused from rope.

Can clearly see the knee caught his chin and not forehead. 

MiyamotoMusashi420 -

Not really

OCMikey -
MiyamotoMusashi420 -

Not really

Open your eyes and watch the replay. He was bleeding before the knee

The top of Creepy's head is facing down. The knee hits his forehead and makes Creepy's head go back making it look like the impact was on his cheek. That's what I see at least. 

I have watched the replay and paused a few times at impact. Eyes slightly open though. 

OCMikey -

The top of Creepy's head is facing down. The knee hits his forehead and makes Creepy's head go back making it look like the impact was on his cheek. That's what I see at least. 

That’s what I saw.   

Crazy how people think a freakin rope did this when the more likely scenario is more realistic 

Heads did hit after the knee on the way up doe

That sucked.

First Gabi slightly missed weight, then Creepy got stopped by the ring rope.

Creepy's arm slid across the rope as well, why isn't his arm all sliced up? Ridiculous

EckY - The guy landed a forearm/elbow right before the clinch with the knee and was throwing some wild shots beforehand, was clearly one of those that caused the cut.

I was thinking it was that elbow as well. Creepy dropped for the takedown right after as well . 

On his Twitter Ian has stated the cut is from the ropes. They are made of hard plastic and they don't allow Vaseline on the fighters faces.