sudden death round?

i was thinking after watching maynard vs edgar. should the ufc make a sudden death 4th / 6th round when fights end in a draw? just like in the ultimate fighter.

this obviously would only happen in the case of a draw, which rarely happens. i just think its kind of stupid how both fighters will more than likely fight again in 3-4 months which is stopping the next contender from getting their shpt for atleast 7 months. it puts everything on hold for a few months.

also, this will make fighters be alot fitter and have better cardio, weve all seen fights where 1 or 2 of the fighters can hardly stand after the first round or 2. (jus sayin)

i just wanna get your opinions and see what you think :)

It sounds like something a real casual fan would say, but tbh when you break it down and look at it, your reasonings are 100% reasonable and it sucks that immediate rematches screw number one contenders so badly. I like the way its done in K1 with the sudden death round

rockyk2campo - It sounds like something a real casual fan would say, but tbh when you break it down and look at it, your reasonings are 100% reasonable and it sucks that immediate rematches screw number one contenders so badly. I like the way its done in K1 with the sudden death round

im not a casual fan, im a huge mma fan. im not even sure if they should do this, i just decided to make this thread to see what others had to say about it

sudden death round with sticks.

The fourth/sixth round should be literally sudden death, and the fighters should be given hunting knives at the beginning of the round. First man to field dress the other, wins.