SUG 17 streams at 6 pm ET

Chael Sonnen's Submission Underground 17 streams live tonight on UFC Fight Pass, begining at 6:00 p.m. EST.

The main event is at trilogy between Craig Jones and Mason Fowler. Jones won the first contest, and Fowler won the rematch at SUG 16 in controversial fashion after the referee believed he heard a verbal submission from Jones and stopped the bout in overtime. Fowler immediately asked for the trilogy, and Sonnen granted it.

Submission Underground 17 Results:

Main Card

Mason Fowler defeated Craig Jones by Submission (Rear Naked Choke, Overtime Round 2)

Amanda Loewen defeated Gillian Robertson by Submission (Armbar, Overtime Round 1)

Richie Martinez defeated Ben Egli by Submission (Armbar, Overtime Round 1)

Roberto Jimenez defeated Jesse Taylor by Submission (Armbar, 1:46, Regulation period)

Prelim Card

Ethan Crelinsten defeated PJ Barch by Submission (Rear Naked Choke, Overtime Round 2)

Pierre-Olivier Leclerc defeated Sid Skrob by Submission (Rear Naked Choke, Overtime Round 1)

Frank Rosenthal defeated Phill Schwartz by Submission (Armbar, 1:28, Regulation period)

Justin Renick defeated Don Stoner via Fastest Escape Time (3 Overtime Rounds)

Aaron Tiegs defeated Nicholas Maximov by Submission (Collar Choke, Overtime Round 1)

Chase Davis defeated Kyle Hinkle by Submission (Heel Hook, 1:19, Regulation period)

1 Like

I’ll always think it’s weird that you went along with bacon neck Cepeda in calling Chael a racist and yet you’ll still promote and shill his SUG shows. 

5 Likes
King Trav - 

I’ll always think it’s weird that you went along with bacon neck Cepeda in calling Chael a racist and yet you’ll still promote and shill his SUG shows. 

Dude, I am a huge Chael Sonnen fan, despite him trying to fake me out with a double tap in the documentary Here Comes the Boom. I have written on the OG very many times that he's likely the smartest guy in MMA. I promoted his book as I was able. I love SUG and promote that. I put his content on the front page regularly. And aspects of his heel persona were offensive to me. I feel the same way about the WWE that so inspires him. I think the WWE is pretty entertaining, but I was offended when they had "African" pygmies cook a white guy in a giant pot only to have him emerge as Akeem The African Dream, speaking in his interpretation of an urban accent, and managed by a pimp. I feel the same way about myself. We had a guy who ran a gym in the region, who used to come spar at my gym. An instructor at my gym once asked me some dumbass question and I replied he should stop with the questions and "get your homosexual self back to work." The visiting coach looked at my funny. I didn't know why, but years later, his wife found out he was a closeted gay man, and he killed himself. He was my friend. Saying I find something someone says offensive, even repeatedly, is not a wholesale condemnation and hatred for everything they do and everything they are. It's saying I wish they wouldn't do it anymore.

And how, exactly, does putting up an event result and discussion thread constitute shilling?

6 Likes

Kirik,

Very well put. Huge respect. 

Respectfully,

Harry C.

1 Like

Shilling was maybe a poor word to use.

I stand by what else I said. 

2 Likes

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Quwf3HA9d20

Have there been 17 of these?

HarryC -

Kirik,

Very well put. Huge respect. 

Respectfully,

Harry C.

You don’t have to sign the posts buddy, we can see your screen name.

damn u dont see that body triangle spine lock too often i can only think of one other was it tony fryklund?

Fowler is a beast 

Thanks Kirik !

I love PJ Barch, he win?

criffider - 

Thanks Kirik !

You're welcome!

The_Pundits_Ghost - 

Did Jesse Taylor fight yet? What has he been doing since his last ufc shot?

got armbarred from the triangle by roberto jiminez

Mason is super talented. We train together at the Caio Terra Academy. I’m Australian so I was a little torn rooting against Craig. But I’ve gotta go with my team mate.