suggestion for UFC

when bringing out an experienced fighter (i.e. from pride) new to the ufc, show a video highlight! a simple video will hype up a fight more than anything. when silva came out, many people did not know who he was. just a few clips of knockouts/staredowns/wrist rolling of silva would have gotten the crowd excited.

one problem...UFC doesn't own the footage of his fights.

"one problem...UFC doesn't own the footage of his fights."

Sound to me like the Silva he is referring to is Wandy (handrolls). If so, the UFC has some great footage of Vitor KTFO'ing him....lol

You beat me to it. I've made this statement at least four times in the last few days. And yet people keep insisting that a Cro Cop highlight reel be shown when he steps into the octagon.

"Sound to me like the Silva he is referring to is Wandy"

I think he is referring to Anderson silva

May be...it was the "handrolls" comment that made me thing Wandy...but I know a lot of guys do that. I can't remember if Anderson does.

I absolutely support the notion of showing a solid HL. It's not like UFC doesn't have the people to put one together, and if they learned anything from the Silva announcement (aside from not trusting Pride), it's that there's definitely a need for one. At least 4/5 people in MGM aren't going to know who the fuck Cro Cop is unfortunately.

For Mirko, obviously they should avoid Pride footage, but otherwise they have K-1 footage to consider (as K-1 not a direct competitor), MMA training footage, and even existing documentary footage (counter-terrorism, at home, etc). At the very least, just put a camera on the guy for a couple minutes in the gym working a thai bag... give those ignorant something to see. That way he's not just this random Euro being announced, who for some reason Dana happens to be giddy about introducing

rule, you honesty think that so few people with know who crocop is? 

"I think he is referring to Anderson silva"

i was referring to wanderlei (wrist rolling). when wandy came out, people were clueless. but yes, do it for andersonand everyone else.

They could spend a little cash to use it. They've shown the footage of Liddell KOing Mezger in Pride 14, for example.

"They could spend a little cash to use it. They've shown the footage of Liddell KOing Mezger in Pride 14, for example."

exactly. it's not impossible to get footage. they didn't even show clips of his ufc fights. although getting the beatdown by belfort probably would have been counter productive.

when bas rutten debuted in ufc 18 they showed clips of his pancreas fights. that was enough to get an indication of his talents.

alright... NO hightlights?

they should seriously buy some clips from pride. you have to spend money on marketing!