Sumi Gaish and kimura trap illegal in IBJJF

In the IBJJF referee course now and this will be added later on in the year at IBJJF competition. Phone Post 3.0

Dumb! Phone Post 3.0

Kimura trap from single leg? What's the reason for these and at what belt levels? Phone Post 3.0

Blue and up Phone Post 3.0

All of this is if your opponents head is on the outside. Phone Post 3.0

What about the switch from the same position? Or just dropping back for a guillotine? All of these counters have spiking potential.

Maybe people will have to start countering head outside singles with Georgian grip uchi mata now.

Switch and guillotine are fine, asked that specifically. Phone Post 3.0

jus pu gawd!

LOL @ sport Jiujitsu!

Porra

Wussification of Jiu JItsu. Such as shame

nogidavid -

this already broke a month ago but no one believed us cause it's so dumb

As far as I know I'm the first to hear it in a rules seminar straight from the source. Phone Post 3.0

LAME.

.....seriously stupid if true

The real ? Is: who got head planted and sued and promoted this rule change... Phone Post 3.0

Josh Mancuso -
nogidavid -

this already broke a month ago but no one believed us cause it's so dumb

As far as I know I'm the first to hear it in a rules seminar straight from the source. Phone Post 3.0
It was also explained in the rules seminar in lisbon before the euros. Phone Post 3.0

what the hell is a kimura trap

I stopped considering these tournaments legitimate a long time ago. They aren't even jiu jitsu anymore. What a joke. Phone Post 3.0

Josh Mancuso - Switch and guillotine are fine, asked that specifically. Phone Post 3.0

The hilarity. We're probably going to see MORE neck injuries with people opting to drop back for guillotines from the head outside single.

It's just illegal for blue and purple right? And isn't it only positions trying to bury their head into the mat with head on outside in a dynamic way? Curious. Phone Post 3.0

Keep supporting the IBJJF, guys.

LOL