Super Diet for MMA.

"but the main thing about speed u r ignoring is the DIRECT relationship between macronutrients micronutrients and muscle performance "

It's not ignored at all. The issue was a statement that a diet can make you fast. Trying to contrive a link between maximal speed and diet does not work. Trying to say that a good diet drops BF% and thus makes you faster is just as forced a chain of causality as saying training your ass off drops your BF% and because of that makes you faster. Especially when you consider that this is an indirect causal relationship - not a direct one as implied by saying that "a diet makes you faster". Dont take my word for it, ask an RD, CSCS, SSC, etc.

Your diet, and the macronutrients in it (esp. complex carb and thus effect on glycogen) affect your speed rather indirectly.

The capability to run a 4.2 40-yard-dash is not determined by your diet but primarily by your training and condition. Proper macronutrient balance gives you the ability to run *several* 4.2 40's.

The question is one of an indirect vs. direct causal relationship. The ability to sustain high performance is not the same as the ability to create the performance itself.

Actually Ray did help me for my first NHB fight. Still helps me.

Rays a great guy. He looks so happy poking a stick at my head... :)

Elvis

canadianbottomteam you TOTALLY underestimate nutrition. pound down a quarter punder with cheese every meal every day and see how much faster you get

this is a good thread

wow a trolling thread turns into a legitimately good educational read. wierd