Superman Help

In the Man of Steel Movie, what killed the Kryptonians in the space ship? Why didnt they get super powers? What did i miss?

Their ship was pulled back into the phantom zone along with all of them.

No the dead bodies from the 18000 year old space ship 

but thank you on that one

Oh the one buried in the ice. Hmmm, maybe HAL killed them all in space before they would have powers and then blew them out the airlock?

On a related note there was supposedly one hibernation pod open and some people think that might lead to Supergirl.

hmmm

lol at HAL

round of VU's!

but if HAL blew them out of the airlock then that corpse wouldnt have been there.  work with me here lol

The kryptonians were streaming a remake of a movie about an iconic kryptonian character, the movie had poor casting, took all sorts of unecessary creative liberties, not to mention various plot holes. The kryptonians had enough of the movie industry destroying their beloved character, so they just opened the airlocks and embraced death.

Kung, i would be inclined to agree with you but wouldnt the atmosphere only hav emade them sick and then superpowered?

My guess would be that the pods they were in were basically small bio domes that kept a krytonian atmosphere inside during hibernation for long space journeys, which would explain the lack of super powers. I'm assuming after the crash there was a malfunction that cause them to either stay sealed shut or not wake up the occupants. Either way the ship eventually lost enough power that the life preservation systems shut down and they starved/choked to death Phone Post 3.0

BigWilliam - Oh the one buried in the ice. Hmmm, maybe HAL killed them all in space before they would have powers and then blew them out the airlock?

On a related note there was supposedly one hibernation pod open and some people think that might lead to Supergirl.
...Or Wonder Woman. Phone Post 3.0

JudOWNED -
BigWilliam - Oh the one buried in the ice. Hmmm, maybe HAL killed them all in space before they would have powers and then blew them out the airlock?

...Or Wonder Woman. Phone Post 3.0
I believe in the Wonder Woman theory. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah, I think they're going to go with the Greek legends being based on early contact with kryptonian's. And I bet wonder woman is going to be a half kryptonian half human hybrid.

That had some people up in arms the last time I mentioned it, but I honestly think it works. And it doesn't have to mess with the basic backstory of wonder woman too much. She still could come out of Greek culture, an Amazonian Island, And still be the daughter of Zeus or whatever. It's just that we will also get the backstory that Zeus was actually a kryptonian. Or something. Phone Post 3.0

General Zod fucked Wonder Woman's mom.

Oh, Theon! Phone Post 3.0

Theon's Sausage - General Zod fucked Wonder Woman's mom.

that did not happen! or did it?