Superman v Batman ....to include Doomsday?

From http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/07/10/doomsday-to-appear-in-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice/

Bleeding Cool sources who have been rather reliable in the past have told us that they have seen Batman V Superman designs for the character of Doomsday.In the comics, Doomsday was the creature who killed Superman, in an epic battle across all the Superman titled, culminating a battle composed entirely of splash pages drawn by Dan Jurgens.

Recently, the character returned in the rebooted New 52 Superman titles, in the crossover event Doomed masterminded by Scott Lobdell.

Now, of course, much can change in the production process. This may be used purely for flashback purposes on the screen, looking at the life (and death) of Superman. It may be purely for promotional efforts to accompany the film. Or it may not make it to the final cut.

But as of now,  it looks like Doomsday, the killer of Superman, be in the next film… will Superman make it out alive?

Probably. It is the dawn of justice after all. And not the wake.

paw comments:  I don't buy this for a second.  Doomsday + Luthor + other rumored vilians = a complete and utter disaster

At this point why not! Include the whole Legion of Doom. Captain Cold, Cheetah, Grod, Bizzaro, Brainiac. Hell bring in the Wonder Twins while they are at it and Black Lightning too for good measure.

wonder twins! that would be a bold move. i stand behind this 100%. now that cgi can have an eagle carry around a talking bucket of water and make it look good, it's a no brainer.

Can they get the guy that did voice overs for the old Superfriends cartoons to narrate? Is he still alive?

'Meanwhile back at the Justice League...'

BigWilliam - At this point why not! Include the whole Legion of Doom. Captain Cold, Cheetah, Grod, Bizzaro, Brainiac. Hell bring in the Wonder Twins while they are at it and Black Lightning too for good measure.
This. Phone Post 3.0

Wouldn't doomsday be cool to see after the credits as a teaser for the next film? Phone Post 3.0

I am not a big Doomsday fan, so it really doesn't do much for me.

Giant spider?

HOW MANY FUCKING GOD DAMNED CHARACTERS ARE THEY GOING TO INTRODUCE IN THIS FUCKING DISASTER OF A MOVIE LOL................

BigWilliam - Giant spider?
I think Leigh is referencing Jon Peters' infamous obsession with having Supes fight a giant mutant/robot spider in all of the aborted Superman movies.

The guy is an executive producer on most of the DC movies, got his start in entertainment being a hair stylist, doesn't even like comics.

Yup. Phone Post 3.0

Sleazy Martinez - 
I think Leigh is referencing Jon Peters' infamous obsession with having Supes fight a giant mutant/robot spider in all of the aborted Superman movies.

The guy is an executive producer on most of the DC movies, got his start in entertainment being a hair stylist, doesn't even like comics.

Yup. Phone Post 3.0

That's the guy from the Kevin Smith story right? Then he put a giant spider in Will Smith blockbuster Wild West. Also fuck Black Lightning, I want some Apache Chief.

Doomsday will probably make an end-credits cameo ala Thanos.

fryabusa -
Sleazy Martinez - 

Yup. Phone Post 3.0

That's the guy from the Kevin Smith story right? Then he put a giant spider in Will Smith blockbuster Wild West. Also fuck Black Lightning, I want some Apache Chief.
Thought they were referring to the BS ending of "IT". Phone Post 3.0

I much prefer Superman and batman to all the other superheroes. That's just who I grew up liking... I was never a comic book fan. But the way DC have set up the batman v superman movie is just rushed in my opinion. How much on screen time is the audience going to have with the new batman, Wonder Woman etc to care about them.

Navel understood this and made individual movies about each main character.

Superman should have have had his own sequel. And after that, then have the Superman v Batman film (featuring bales batman who has to come out of retirement t for some reason it other)

That way you would have two main characters set up who you know and care about. If they then want a justice league film try should make individual superhero films first.

I normally just lurk on his forum but I'm having a leisurely poo at the moment so I thought I would post ;) Phone Post 3.0