Supplements - Joe Rogan Kale Shake - Onnit???

Banana, spinach, broccoli and mixed berries is what I usually have for breakfast. I replace the spinach with kale when I can get it.

Joe is nuts taking all those pills though. (in my opinion)

FOTN - Joe's a good dude, but personally I'd steer clear of a lot of this stuff. The amount of pills he's taking is absurd.

He's a great front man for a company like Onnit because he seems like he's so full of life and on the ball mentally. The thing is though, he's always been that way as far as I can tell and I suspect that he wouldn't be that much different if he was just exercising and eating a healthy diet without all the others BS.

Yeah, in general the supplement industry is suspect.

I can't comment on the shake, but I can tell you that Vitamix blenders are definitely worth the coin. I picked one up earlier this year after our last blender bit the dust. What a difference it makes. Seriously, if you are in the market for a new blender just drop the extra 2-300 these things cost and you'll be thanking yourself later.

bjws - I can't comment on the shake, but I can tell you that Vitamix blenders are definitely worth the coin. I picked one up earlier this year after our last blender bit the dust. What a difference it makes. Seriously, if you are in the market for a new blender just drop the extra 2-300 these things cost and you'll be thanking yourself later.

Definitely agree. We have a Blendtec which is very similar. We paid $330 for it. Seems like a lot, but this thing literally can blend anything you throw in it. Also, it's got a 7 year warranty. Well worth the money.

willitblend.com

malryan -
Standup29 -
malryan - Isn't Onit joes company? I'm sure he's a major investor, hence why he sells it so hard on his podcast and shit.

You can get everything in supplements from a healthy balanced diet so why not just eat properly instead of ingesting so many pills every day?

But like someone else said, I don't know enough about it to criticise it. Phone Post 3.0

Just to play devils advocate, it is nearly impossible to get everything your body needs from diet alone. We just don't eat the variety we need in order to get it all.

A multi vitamin is a must and if your body is responding well to whatever other supplements you take, why not take them. Of course you have to get passed any potential placebo effect to know of it is truly helping.

Joe has always been big on supplements. Long before his podcast and significantly longer than he has ever been involved with onnit. Busy people do well with supps. Phone Post

Yeah I understand, even I take a krill oil supplement for omega 3 and I try and top up my b12, but I mostly try to eat really well and with variety, the only thing I disregard from my diet is junk food and sugar. I feel pretty good most of the time. I think someone like joe who leads a busy life and is quite physical probably gets great benefit out of his supplement program, but for most regular people I can see it as being an easy way out without eating properly and exercising. Phone Post 3.0

Agree 100%. Healthy diet is the best option. When I was still training clients I used to get a lot of shit from my district manager for telling people you don't need this (some supplement) because we haven't fixed your diet yet. Results there first then look into supplements. Don't buy a bunch of stuff, just start with a multi and let's see what happens from there. Phone Post

Any insight into the Onnit products? Does anybody use these products, if so, what do you think? What separates them from the competition, if anything? 

Bucket of KFC in joes fridge,it's all lies

Fave Juice: 1 bunch Kale, 2 parsnips, 2 handfuls spinach, 1/2 bunch cilantro, 1/2 bunch parsley, 4 green apples, juice of 1/2 of one lemon.

Fave breakfast Smoothie: 6 ice cubes, 1 frozen banana, 1 handful spinach, 1 scoop organic chocolate protein (rice) powder, 1/2 cup frozen strawberries, 1/4 cup organic Peanut Butter, 500ml Chocolate Almond Milk (unsweetened), 1/4 cup shredded coconut.

I throw all that into my Vitamix and blend until the preferred consistency. It tastes like a Chocolate-PB-Macaroon milkshake, and is very good for you

pidgey - 
Bobby Lupo - 
Neil McCauley - fuck that kale shake shit. Pan fry the kale in grapeseed oil until it shrinks and drizzle with balsamic vinegar. TREMENDOUS.

Little olive oil, salt, pep and bake that shit. Mangia bene, bro

what about the Ribollita? You need Dinosaur Kale aka Cavolo Toscano, it's even healthier than the curly kale.

I don't mess with that curly stuff. Puro Lacinto kale. I'll eat that shit raw, cut the stems off, crush it up in your hands with some mashed avocado, little lemon, olive oil, feta...minchia, this kale salad

subbed

Chareth Cutestory - 
sgotwalks - 

Any insight into the Onnit products? Does anybody use these products, if so, what do you think? What separates them from the competition, if anything? 

Their ingredients are sourced from China. I avoid supplements from China because of the heavy metal risk.

Interesting. Thanks for the insight..........it's something I will look into.

Joe I take Niacin too...usually before my workout since the pours open and ill sweat out more toxins.

What's the reason for at night?

Do you have trouble sleeping with it? Phone Post 3.0

BigTedBear - Kale in the blender with spinach and 2 apples with a carrot and some hemp protein. It tastes a bit almost nutty the apples and carrot sweeten it up a bit. The key with kale in drinks is using something to cover the taste. My 2 cents. Phone Post
Freshly frozen red grapes hide all the taste Phone Post 3.0

Chareth Cutestory - 
sgotwalks - 

Their ingredients are sourced from China. I avoid supplements from China because of the heavy metal risk.

Wow, so glad I had taken 5 alpha brains today. I will say however, they do help me function better.

Ray Elbe - Joe I take Niacin too...usually before my workout since the pours open and ill sweat out more toxins.

Just have to chime in and say that it is not physiologically possible to sweat out "toxins". It's a myth that still hangs around, but that's not how the body works.

http://www.uamshealth.com/?id=12247&sid=1

I don't think I would ever take that many supplements or pills no matter how good they were for you. 10 fish oil caps a day? Damn. I take 2...

I've tried a few things from Onnit. Hemp Force is the best protein shake I have ever tried. I also used their Trilogy Nut Butter which was great. Follow the shake directions on the label with the Trilogy butter, a banana and skim/almond milk and you won't be able to get enough.

Not only did Hemp Force taste amazing, but it was so good that it encouraged me to work out every day just so I could drink one post-workout. I had the thing gone in a week, and found it hard to get motivated afterwards. Going to order a few tubs of it once I can afford too. Downside is it's expensive and you don't get much in a tub. Amazing though.

Kale shakes are legit, I was just thinking that I havn't had one in a week and I havn't been feeling as alive. Not sure about the supplements, I take 8 of the same fish oils a day that he does, tried alpha brain, had insane dreams but I didn't feel any sharper or anything.

My shake recipe -
Hunk of ginger
2 kale stocks
Quarter of a cucumber
Scoop of frozen berries
Half a banana
1 celery stock
scoop of coconut oil
Half a cup of water
And a scoop of VegaOne vegan protein powder
=Yummmmmm Phone Post 3.0

I juice kale all the time in my omega juicer. After mixing with apples and a lemon, you can hardly taste it. Phone Post

InvisibleControl - I don't think I would ever take that many supplements or pills no matter how good they were for you. 10 fish oil caps a day? Damn. I take 2...

I've tried a few things from Onnit. Hemp Force is the best protein shake I have ever tried. I also used their Trilogy Nut Butter which was great. Follow the shake directions on the label with the Trilogy butter, a banana and skim/almond milk and you won't be able to get enough.

Not only did Hemp Force taste amazing, but it was so good that it encouraged me to work out every day just so I could drink one post-workout. I had the thing gone in a week, and found it hard to get motivated afterwards. Going to order a few tubs of it once I can afford too. Downside is it's expensive and you don't get much in a tub. Amazing though.

VU, thanks!

Ray Elbe - Joe I take Niacin too...usually before my workout since the pours open and ill sweat out more toxins.

same question, thanks.