Supplements to take while in camp?

I have been doing a lot of research lately and my results have been inconclusive. I have been recommended things that range from DHEA to just a regular multivitamin for supplements to take while in camp. I am looking to maximize my training. Nutrition/diet, sleep habits, and stress reduction aside what would you recommend that aids in training more efficiently and overall health? I am curious to see what other athletes take daily. Phone Post 3.0

DHEA is likely not advisable unless you're over 40..

A quality brand of Fishoil is a must. For bodycomp, recovery, health.

To paraphrase Dr Mauro Dipasquale, you can type in any disease/pathology name and the word "fish oil" on pubmed, and find a study that shows fishoil's positive impact on it.

Whey Protein powder, for the convenience factor and post-pre workout (quick digesting). Also the health benefit of the lactoferrin component.

For sleep, I like the following:

-L-tryptophan, an amino acid precursor to melatonin and serotonin, superior to 5-htp in that it does not cause systemic serotonin elevation and readily crosses the BBB.

-ZMA- it's a zinc/magnesium aspartate supplement made by various manufacturers. while there is no study done on this, most people who have taken ZMA can testify that it dramatically improves sleep quality and makes dreaming more vivid. Most athletes or people who are active are commonly deficient in zinc anyway- and if you are, boosting zinc intake will also raise your testosterone levels.

-Valerian root, get a quality brand cos some are absolute garbage. It appears to be a GABA agonist, if I have insomnia a couple caps from a quality brand really helps put me down.

The above 3 sleep supps are best taken on empty stomach. If you take l-tryptophan and already ate a meal with protein, it will have no effect.

HERTSWENIP - DHEA is likely not advisable unless you're over 40..

A quality brand of Fishoil is a must. For bodycomp, recovery, health.

To paraphrase Dr Mauro Dipasquale, you can type in any disease/pathology name and the word "fish oil" on pubmed, and find a study that shows fishoil's positive impact on it.

Whey Protein powder, for the convenience factor and post-pre workout (quick digesting). Also the health benefit of the lactoferrin component.

For sleep, I like the following:

-L-tryptophan, an amino acid precursor to melatonin and serotonin, superior to 5-htp in that it does not cause systemic serotonin elevation and readily crosses the BBB.

-ZMA- it's a zinc/magnesium aspartate supplement made by various manufacturers. while there is no study done on this, most people who have taken ZMA can testify that it dramatically improves sleep quality and makes dreaming more vivid. Most athletes or people who are active are commonly deficient in zinc anyway- and if you are, boosting zinc intake will also raise your testosterone levels.

-Valerian root, get a quality brand cos some are absolute garbage. It appears to be a GABA agonist, if I have insomnia a couple caps from a quality brand really helps put me down.

The above 3 sleep supps are best taken on empty stomach. If you take l-tryptophan and already ate a meal with protein, it will have no effect.

Thank you, this was the sort of response I was looking for. 

BrandonSandford - I have been doing a lot of research lately and my results have been inconclusive. I have been recommended things that range from DHEA to just a regular multivitamin for supplements to take while in camp. I am looking to maximize my training. Nutrition/diet, sleep habits, and stress reduction aside what would you recommend that aids in training more efficiently and overall health? I am curious to see what other athletes take daily. Phone Post 3.0
Are you using/drinking anything pre/during workout? Phone Post 3.0

KOArtist -
BrandonSandford - I have been doing a lot of research lately and my results have been inconclusive. I have been recommended things that range from DHEA to just a regular multivitamin for supplements to take while in camp. I am looking to maximize my training. Nutrition/diet, sleep habits, and stress reduction aside what would you recommend that aids in training more efficiently and overall health? I am curious to see what other athletes take daily. Phone Post 3.0
Are you using/drinking anything pre/during workout? Phone Post 3.0
No i am not. I was taking bcaa a while go pre/intra workout but didn't notice any change in performance. Phone Post 3.0

I use Plazma and Mag 10 from Biotest, and it makes you damn near "sore proof", but it's stupidly expensive. You can create your own knockoffs at True Nutrition though. The main things u want in there are the "highly branched cyclodextrins" and "casein hydrolysates". If you can afford though, I'd suggest giving those two a run. Phone Post 3.0

KOArtist - I use Plazma and Mag 10 from Biotest, and it makes you damn near "sore proof", but it's stupidly expensive. You can create your own knockoffs at True Nutrition though. The main things u want in there are the "highly branched cyclodextrins" and "casein hydrolysates". If you can afford though, I'd suggest giving those two a run. Phone Post 3.0
I definitely will. Reduced soreness=better training. Thank you Phone Post 3.0

best way to go about it (and get a little bonus) is do the Wendler 5/3/1 stack. It includes one Plazma, one Mag 10, and 16 of the "Brain Candy", a nootropic/energy shot deal. You can get it with or without caffeine. Let us know how those work out for you.

KOArtist - best way to go about it (and get a little bonus) is do the Wendler 5/3/1 stack. It includes one Plazma, one Mag 10, and 16 of the "Brain Candy", a nootropic/energy shot deal. You can get it with or without caffeine. Let us know how those work out for you.

How many years have you worked at Biotest/t-mag?

Haha...zero my brotha. Phone Post 3.0

I can attest to ZMA for sleep, but I got the same effect from a magnesium supplement on its own, which is way cheaper. Phone Post 3.0

Nothing that isn't USDA approved. Phone Post 3.0

1800champagne - Nothing that isn't USDA approved. Phone Post 3.0

Are you saying he shouldnt take supplements and eat only food from a farm? USDA regulates farming derived food, not supplements.

HERTSWENIP -

Are you saying he shouldnt take supplements and eat only food from a farm? USDA regulates farming derived food, not supplements.
Correct. There is not enough quality control or regulatory oversight to risk popping a drug test due to tainted supplements. Phone Post 3.0

1800champagne -
HERTSWENIP -

Correct. There is not enough quality control or regulatory oversight to risk popping a drug test due to tainted supplements. Phone Post 3.0
Yea thats the danger. That's why i was inquiring. Phone Post 3.0

If youre gonna try plazma or the like contant tnation.com and maybe you can get a discount/sponsorship. Phone Post 3.0

Fulvic Acid with Himalayan Pink Sea Salt. Best kept secret ever! Phone Post 3.0

BrandonSandford - 
1800champagne -
HERTSWENIP -

The risk is negligible imo - I am of the opinion athletes are well aware of what they took, and that claiming their OTC supplement contained anabolic androgenic steroids is merely a PR move.

HERTSWENIP -
BrandonSandford - 
1800champagne -
HERTSWENIP -

The risk is negligible imo - I am of the opinion athletes are well aware of what they took, and that claiming their OTC supplement contained anabolic androgenic steroids is merely a PR move.

That's why I am asking for advice on products that are not banned. Hell, I was advised that I should consume 8-10,000 IU of vitamin D3. Its info like that that I am seeking. Not some supp. That may or may not be a problem with usada. Phone Post 3.0

As an athlete, look into fulvic acid. No joke. Phone Post 3.0