Supplements

Hi guys. Just curious what supplements you recommend when training BJJ.

I know that it's heavy on the joints so probably need glucosamine...What brand do you guys take?

I've never really taken any supplements aside from multivitamins but I'm getting older and I was wondering what would help with training...

Only legal "supplement" advice please... :-)

I take Carlson's fish oil and glucosamine ( vitamin world brand ), I noticed
a huge difference after a month or so. I have only taken these two for the
last three years but just bought some other products today. I'll let you
know if I see a change.

As an older grappler/competitor, my supplement regime is all about recovery.  Right now I take Carlson's fish oil, glucosamine, a multi-vitamin and Glutamine.  I drink a protein shake in the morning with frozen fruit.  I'm a bit older and I have honestly seen an improvement in my recovery time.   I just started Endurox after training (4:1 carb:protein mix). 

Have you guys heard of purple wraath, any comments? The other two I picked up were After Shock by Myogenix and 5.Tetra, I'm going to be pissed if either one keeps me from sleeping.

purple wrath is awesome, but it is more about endurance than recovery, the beta alanine is the main ingredient

Steve,o - As an older grappler/competitor, my supplement regime is all about recovery.  Right now I take Carlson's fish oil, glucosamine, a multi-vitamin and Glutamine.  I drink a protein shake in the morning with frozen fruit.  I'm a bit older and I have honestly seen an improvement in my recovery time.   I just started Endurox after training (4:1 carb:protein mix). 

Stop wasting your money on the glutamine.  I've wasted my share in the past, and still some collecting dust in the cupboard. 

raisethebarr.net/index.php

Check out the two articles on glutamine on there. 

GBG's 10-in-1 is my foundational product for basic health and fitness.

I also take a glutothione-enhancer called MA+ and Carlson's Fish Oil.

http://www.thevitamincode.com/Formulas/Men/tabid/1313/Default.aspx