Supreme Court of Canada: Doping = Criminal Fraud

Morpheus1976 -
TFK_HossPearson - 
Morpheus1976 -
Bilge Water - PED's should be legal. Whether or not an organization wants to allow their athletes to use them is up to them, but there should not be laws against saying you can't take them. Phone Post 3.0

lets inject your kids with peds.
Lol. Ya, that's the bench mark of whether a substance should be legal or not. Phone Post 3.0

i don't see you setting a benchmark
Touché? I was more just pointing out the absurdity / intellectual dishonesty of your post. Phone Post 3.0

Morpheus1976 -
Bilge Water - PED's should be legal. Whether or not an organization wants to allow their athletes to use them is up to them, but there should not be laws against saying you can't take them. Phone Post 3.0

Alcohol is legal, that doesn't mean people are giving children alcohol. What a stupid fuckin thing to say. Phone Post 3.0

I wonder if you could answer a question that I've wondered for a long time erik.

Say a fighter suffered brain damage at the end of a career and had fought someone who had tested positive for steroids, if they tried to blame them for the damage would they have a case?

That would be something I would worry about if I was a fighter that was using hear. Phone Post 3.0

Brigham - 
Morpheus1976 -

Alcohol is legal, that doesn't mean people are giving children alcohol. What a stupid fuckin thing to say. Phone Post 3.0

it wasn't stupid, but some people need a reality check when they say just allow peds.

Thanks for all the comments.

This is a fairly big development because the Court compares gamblers who bet on events where someone is using PED's to shareholders who are defrauded by false regulatory filings.

Not only does this case open the door to criminal prosecution, it paves the road to class action lawsuits against doping athletes.  The damages can be bankrupting.  

I mostly agree, except I think there should be more severe penalties for a woman taking male hormones. Aside from the obvious advantages of men taking them, women stand to gain far more from their use. Just look at Women's Track and Field world records that remain unbroken for decades after strict testing began, while most male records have since been broken.