Supreme Court rules in favor of gun owners/2A - concealed carry

Interesting.

We’ll see how it plays out in the states:

9 Likes

Well business is about to pick up boys!

3 Likes

I suspect NJ law makers will try to cock-block things and try to enact tons of local ‘requirements’, but the 2A lawyers/groups already have motions in draft to counter those actions.

4 Likes

And yet here comes a bipartisan restriction on guns for law abiding citizens!

5 Likes

13 Likes

That’s the state but will the residents down in the 5 boros get fucked over as usual? Fuck this, I’m voting red again come June 28th and no damn RINOs!

5 Likes

Indeed.

They’ll push ANYTHING through just so they can say they did something for “gun violence”.

4 Likes

Don’t be so sure about that. Chicago and DC didn’t have the balls to defy a Supreme Court decision when their laws got struck down.

1 Like

Of course lol. In any way possible.

I don’t think they will succeed, but they’ll try.

I just finished reading the opinion (it’s long at 135 pages). At the end, it is remanded back (not sure if it goes to 2nd Circuit or the trial court) for further proceedings consistent with the opinion.

1 Like

Governor of NY is already posturing and implying that she’ll make it as difficult as possible to comply, so we’ll see how much effort will go into it.

2 Likes

Here is the full text. Justice Alito’s concurring opinion on p. 70 is excellent:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/22066611-high-court-strikes-down-ny-gun-law

His analysis of the dissent gives an excellent understanding of how the left works. Bottom line is that with leftists, there is no analysis, precedent, etc. It fits our goal, so we justify it.

What the majority (and concurring) opinions make clear is that the problem with NY’s licensing scheme is that it was it lacked any objective criteria. Everything was completely arbitrary, with government officials having a wide latitude to conclude as to what determined a legitimate threat. Celebrities with money can get permits, yet a poor person in a bad neighborhood cannot.

3 Likes

Isn’t a governor undermining the Supreme Court an act against our democracy?

6 Likes

california been doing it 50 years at least

8 Likes

to anyone who read it - does it state which level of scrutiny MUST be used on gun cases?

It’s now the law of the land, just like Heller. There’s no more appealing, and the states open themselves up to further litigation if they defy it.

I’m applying this afternoon.

3 Likes

They held that a special need clause for an otherwise law-abiding citizen violates the Constitution.

For what?

sylvester stallone rambo GIF by Hollywood Suite

1 Like