Suprise... Chris Henry charged with assault!!!

I know this is the last thing you people were expecting to read coming to the forum today. "What a Cincinatti Bengal got in trouble? CHRIS HENRY DID SOMETHING STUPID? NO WAY!!!"

But yes, yes it happened:link.

Quote:
CINCINNATI (AP) — Bengals wide receiver Chris Henry has been accused of punching an 18-year-old in the face and breaking his car window with a beer bottle.

Court documents show Henry was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor assault and criminal damaging in the Monday incident in Cincinnati. A warrant has been issued for his arrest.

The 24-year-old player was in court last week after being ticketed for driving with expired Kentucky license plates.

oh Roger...

Sorry Alco, but I think that Marvin has lost this team. You can say, "Its not his fault that the players do this stuff." but in all actuality it comes back to him since he is the head coach. He is the one who isn't making an example out of the first headcase that gets out of line which is why the rap sheet keeps growing. He refuses to do what's necessary to regain control of his team.

Guys like Chris Henry should've been cut long ago to send a message. We saw what happened as soon as Cedric Wilson got in trouble on the Steelers, his ass was sent packing he wasn't given 2nd and 3rd chances.

Then you've got a guy like Chad Johnson saying whatever the hell he wants and demanding a trade. Hell its even been rumored he took a swing at Marvin!!! Marvin refuses to get rid of him and is gonna let him sit out the season which he obviously wont do. More than likely he'll come back at the start of the season, be handed a starting job (since your # 3 will more than likely be suspended by Goodell since Lewis cant clean this up himself) and proceed to give an effort similar to Randy Moss when he played with the Raiders until his contract is up or the new coach trades his ass.

Marvin is a douche nozzle.

You can tell most of the players have little to no respect for him. That's very strange for an African American coach.

Chad Johnson: Loudmouth who threatens but won't sit out games.  He'll play every snap of regular season even if he holds out all of training camp.

Henry: Loudmouth who's gonna get himself banned

According to local sportsradio the Bengals just waived him. Too little too late imo.

What a waste of talent.

Dirt - 

Henry: Loudmouth who's gonna get himself banned

Henry is one of the most softspoken dudes I've ever talked to.  Even when you are having a conversation with him it's hard to hear what he is saying.   The fact that he is so soft spoken makes it hard to believe he gets in so much trouble.

I guess his idiocy far outweighs his softspoken manner.  What a dumbass.

Guess I was wrong about the loudmouth part....

Quiet reserved guy who turns into Mr. Hyde after drinking is gonna get himself banned!

TheRealJoker - 

According to local sportsradio the Bengals just waived him. Too little too late imo.

Yeah, they cut him loose - which is the right move at this point.  The guy is obviously not capable of functioning in a society and is too stupid to realize the life he is pissing away.  I agree it probably should have happened a long time ago, but special athletes get special treatment.  If Henry was just a special teams player he probably would have been cut a long time ago.  But he's a 6'4", 200 LB receiver with blazing speed, awesome leaping ability and great hands.  Say what you will, it's tough to cut a guy like that. 

And you can take this to the bank - Because of his abilities, someone will give him a shot.  That's assuming Goodell doesn't ban him for life.

Dirt - 

Guess I was wrong about the loudmouth part....

Quiet reserved guy who turns into Mr. Hyde after drinking is gonna get himself banned!

Amen.

SecondBase - What a waste of talent.

It's hard to believe people can be this stupid.

"And at WR for your Dallas Cowboys...Chris Henry"

This is what I cannot fathom. You play in the NFL!! You make a shitload of money, but you can't keep your ass out of trouble. What a waste.

BigKiller - "And at WR for your Dallas Cowboys...Chris Henry"

No doubt.

We do need a speed guy, but we can't become overrun with bad guys.

rkjmd - We do need a speed guy, but we can't become overrun with bad guys.

It's worked for you guys in the past.

And he was released today. I'm sure the cowboys have already called him.

JoeVIP  - And he was released today. I'm sure the cowboys have already called him.

You leave my Cowboys out of this, mister.

Yes, please don't anger respected forum member Kliquid