Surprise me with something "retro"

I remember work computers having the keys to the hard drives. No one ever locked them and I don’t remember anyone telling me where the keys were.

1 Like

Good one!

And the keys were generally all the same.

1 Like

No. My grandmother actually loved me. Trying to make you eat some Irish potato famine candy. I would be pissed if I were you. It’s obvious she was trying to rob you of your childhood. I bet she encouraged you to play with your ball in the street too.

5 Likes

Hey - don’t knock it … it’s really quite good. You still see it in grocery stores like Kroger in the deli from time to time.

1 Like

Still have it - wife still uses it.

5 Likes
4 Likes

3 Likes

i had the motorcycle version also!

1 Like

Yeah I don’t think the locks were ever used. I doubt the key lasted very long in my house.

e2890fdc04b4d20ea05b5827077aca12

5121fb57f120062e658b638578b4247d

for my canadian brothers

9 Likes

We had Astro pops and scratch and sniff stickers. I don’t think we’ve acquired the technology yet for colored pencils though.

2 Likes

vintage-1977-hustler-magazines-months_1_d035ec1c10cf2f28b22b2d4981ec247d

2 Likes

I have no idea what this is.

It’s a cookie press. You put a die in one end, say a Christmas tree and fill it with cookie dough. When you turn the wheel, Christmas tree shaped cookies come out to bake. We have about 30 dies, stars,bells, Santas, even camels. You bake the cookies the decorate them. Here is a newer one.

6 Likes

We had a word processor when I was in high school. That’s what I used to do all my essays and reports on.

We didn’t get a computer at home until 95, the year after I graduated

1 Like

Those swimming patches sure made me feel nostalgic. Thanks for posting those . I’m sure I have mine somewhere and now I want to find them lol

2 Likes

Do the different colors have any specific meaning?