Surprisingly, Kinect is a bona fide hit

In the 1st 60 days, MS sold 8 million Kinect sensors worldwide (beating the expected 5M!)

Why is that a surprise?

Motion gaming IS the next gen, and is likely the future of console gaming.

The Wii was a huge hit, I am not surprised microsoft's version is also a big hit.

Everyone wrote it off after each showing at E3 etc. Microsoft claimed they would outsell ipad and people laughed to the heavens.

I think motion gaming is a positive thing so I am happy with the results

Still curious to see if they can make good non-novelty/party games with the technology.

yeah me too. I will be impressed if they can make it control the whole dashboard

You know they can and will. It's just up to the hardcore gamers to accept it and move on.

orcus - Still curious to see if they can make good non-novelty/party games with the technology.

this

it isn't real interesting to me until then.

I think force feedback controllers like the Novint Falcon are a better step towards virtual reality.

dangerboy12 -  You know they can and will. It's just up to the hardcore gamers to accept it and move on.

it will be targeted towards kids and non-gamers. most normal people who actually do active things during the day wont feel the need to come home and jump around when they want to play some vids. they want to sit back with a drink and use a controller.

gord96 - 
dangerboy12 -  You know they can and will. It's just up to the hardcore gamers to accept it and move on.

it will be targeted towards kids and non-gamers. most normal people who actually do active things during the day wont feel the need to come home and jump around when they want to play some vids. they want to sit back with a drink and use a controller.

Sadly most Americans are fatties and lack motivation to get off the couch and do something. So they use motion gaming to get their "exercise"

that said, even the non-active players will still just want to use a controller. motion gaming has opened up a new market that has attracted non-gamers.

Non-gamers that are now gamers

yup. but a separate market i believe. the people who mainly like motion gaming, arent the same gamers that like games like Black Ops or BC2 or Halo.

Played it at a friend's house and it got real old, real fast.

Played it again in a party environment with plenty of alcohol and it was great fun.

With that said, I'll take a control pad and a couch over jumping around in front of my TV like a dick any day.

NHBDaddy - yeah me too. I will be impressed if they can make it control the whole dashboard

I think they showed it off doing that at the GDC last week. I know at least for Netflix and stuff like that.

Ya that kinda gaming is only fun with women and lots of booze

My GF got it, all the games are pure novelty / gimmick. Not a fan. Phone Post