Swanson challenges himself to finish Edgar in 3

Being promised a title shot by UFC President Dana White is like when you tell someone after a drunken one night stand that you’ll call them — it may or may not happen.

Featherweight contender Cub Swanson was all but guaranteed a shot at the 145-pound champion after his unanimous decision victory over Jeremy Stephens in June. However, after taking some time to think about it, Swanson decided to take another fight, rather than wait for the winner of Jose Aldo and Chad Mendes. At UFC Fight Night 57, he will get his second main event spot, this time against former UFC Lightweight Champion Frankie Edgar.

Once again, Swanson was told by White that with a win over Edgar, he was guaranteed a shot at Aldo’s gold. The likelihood of him getting the shot is good with a win, but there is a one person spouting at the mouth who could get in his way — Conor McGregor. Does the Irishman make Swanson at all nervous about not getting granted the title shot?

“I’m not worried and I have no idea what he’s even talking about anymore,” Swanson told MMASucka.com. “I think he’s going senile to be honest.”

In four of Edgar’s last five outings he has gone to the judges scorecards. He tends to drag his opponents past their breaking point, but Swanson has made it his personal goal to not let that happen.

“I don’t want it to go past three rounds. He had specifically asked for five fives. I think that he feels that that’s the best option for him, is to take it to the decision. I see that as a personal challenge to not let it go that far.”

Check out the rest of the article here... http://mmasucka.com/2014/11/20/cub-swanson-challenges-himself-to-finish-frankie-edgar-in-three-rounds/