SWEET Inverted Triangle in MMA Fight *ZZZZZ*

wow...nice to see ANDErson silva tapped out..err napped out!!!

Reffing could've been better. He was out for so long before he(the ref) stopped it.

KC007 - Reffing could've been better. He was out for so long before he(the ref) stopped it.

Gassaway was out for awhile. Steve Purcivelle is a good ref flown to Singapore from Australia. He worked UFC 110 in Sydney and has really helped govern MMA in Singapore.

...I thought Gassaway was out for awhile as well...but I know Steve wanted to give the 50 plus fight veteran every opportunity to fight. I don't think he appeared "out" at his angle and it wasn't until a verbal command wasn't answered did he intervene. Think it was just a tough call to make--could have been earlier...but if he wasn't out...that would have been a bad stoppage--especially considering the fighter has had 50 pro fights.

Thanks for posting this Ray.

I've never seen that sub before. Nice!

In Judo its very common. I don't think many MMAers can pull it off though. I do know that Shungo used it in one of his amateur shoot fights when he was a Judoka competing inthe Industrial League in Japan.
Only a few MMAers has a strong Judo background.

So it is pretty common in Judo---but would you call it a rare submission in MMA?---I'm sure it has had to happened in other high profile organizations...I just can't think of another example besides Toby Imada....anyone else know of a fight with the opponent going asleep from the inverted Triangle?

Ray Elbe - 
In Judo its very common. I don't think many MMAers can pull it off though. I do know that Shungo used it in one of his amateur shoot fights when he was a Judoka competing inthe Industrial League in Japan.

So it is pretty common in Judo---but would you call it a rare submission in MMA?---I'm sure it has had to happened in other high profile organizations...I just can't think of another example besides Toby Imada....anyone else know of a fight with the opponent going asleep from the inverted Triangle?

You are so wrong...Just take 10min and go look at the Chris Lyttle vs Matt brown fight at ufc 116...SANKAKU JIME 101

Ray Elbe - 

Yes,I seen it at a IFC show near Clear Lake Ca.It was at the show that Nick Diaz beat Jeremy Jackson the second time.Same submission,but the guy tapped out before he went to sleep.

Reverse triangle from back mount.

allcloser - "So it is pretty common in Judo"

Yes. No Judo guy, if commenting on this match, would never have screamed like the commentator did. It was quite comical.

Whether or not the fighter goes to sleep hss nothing to do with the effectiveness of chokes.

You have 3 choices:

1- Ground and pound

2- Attack the 'free' arm with kimura/americana

3- Finish the choke. But to finish the choke the key point is usually to pull on the trapped arm to make the choke 'tighter'