SWIFT 18-Wheeler Driver Nearly Kills a Road Full of People trying to Pass a Line of Cars and Trucks

I think the 13OD just did the same with the bottom lever switch and side splitter without 2 levers. Idk… The 15 OD was just much easier to shift.

Basically 5 bull low gears then flip up and split the top 5 for10 more= 15.

1 Like

I honestly don’t remember, it’s been a while.

1 Like

with the 5 and 4 it was the main 1 through 5, then both sticks, main back to first and brownie into second. So I basically had 20 forward gears. Try that when you have a one log load going up and down 10% to 12% grades weighing over 100,000 lbs. all off road stuff but it was exciting

1 Like

Got ya. I lost my shift once uphill through Washington mountains, I90 and right down to about 15 mph before I could find a gear again…lol… Live and learn.

2 Likes

Happens to all of us. You’re lying if you say different

1 Like

Stalled it once too at a left turn making everyone in the oncoming lane have to stop till I got going… embarrassing… but fuck im…

1 Like

That’s how we learn. If we can make a mistake and learn from it without killing someone…Win Win

1 Like

Stop granny clutching yeesh… I kid, I really enjoy hearing these stories. The money right now can be really good and I already have the license so I contemplate lately. Or if shtf backup plan . Idk, more stories!

2 Likes

It was from an advance green light, it just expired during.

1 Like

When did Too Short start driving trucks for a living?

2 Likes

Bitch

2 Likes

Was gonna say this… the Swift driver is a fuck up but your best defence is to let the guy in, maybe save some lives.

2 Likes

Funny I saw him in concert in 1984. Oakland, CA. I’m white and I’m a survivor

1 Like

Yeah, how did that guy think a semi head oning another vehicle, especially another semi, right beside him would be okay for him.

Lots of stupid people on the highways.

2 Likes

My first load on my own was out of Salt Lake city all the way to outside of Cleveland. As soon as I hook up, big snow starts falling. Way up in the mountains of Utah. Within 5 miles it’s a whiteout. I go as long as my clock allows that and park in a mountain rest area in Wyoming for the night Wake up under a foot of snow. Just swept it off and hit it. Fast as I could push. I had been out for like 4 months and was determined to drop this load and go home, so I wasn’t stopping for shit. Hoping I wouldn’t get snowed in on a mountain or have to put the chains on. 1900 miles went snowy but overall smoothly but…

2 Likes

We ran 2 log books back then… no electronics.

1 Like