Swimmer's ear...

Anyone ever deal with it? It's only been 3 days and I'm in so much pain. I can't sleep at all and wondering how long this shit takes to finally go away. Fuck swimming pools!!! Phone Post 3.0

1. Get a funnel
    2. Tilt head to the side
    3. Place funnel in ear
    4. Fill ear with rice
    5. ???
    6. Profit and regain sanity!!! Phone Post 3.0

stand on leg (the leg with the bad ear)... shake your head sideways towards the shoulder. hop up and then when your leg reaches the ground letting your knee absorb the jump whip your ear towards that shoulder. keep repeating until the water is cleared. it might take a few tries.

The water is pretty deep into the canal you just have to keep using that centripetal force to draw it out. I know because i was a swimmer and this was the only thing that worked when it was super bad.

Silicon ear plugs are your friend Phone Post

I got this after my trip to the beach this year..... Ended up getting some ear drops prescribed to me because it wouldn't go away on its own. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah my ear is infected rather bad. I'm on antibiotics right now and there is puss leaking out of it. Sucks terribly. Didn't know how bad the ear infection could hurt. Phone Post 3.0

papasmurf24 - a dr recommended method that I use is a couple of drops in the ear of rubbing alcohol, let it sit for a couple of seconds then do the "hopping on 1 leg thing". works for me

This. works like magic every time.

Here's the gross photo of my infected ear. You've been WARNED!!!

Phone Post 3.0

unzips

I'm worried now. Blood is starting to leak. Seeing the doctor tomorrow. Wish me luck guys! Phone Post 3.0

For the 4th time might I add! ^^ Phone Post 3.0

what the fuck man, what is that? glad you going to doctor lol.

FUCK.

that is the most disgusting ear I've ever seen.

RIP bro. Phone Post 3.0

Rip OP Phone Post 3.0

Yeah it's basically the most disgusting thing and even more painful. It's been 4 days already and it's still been terrible. Can't stand the pain and can't sleep. I'm hoping to get some good news at the doctor later today. Phone Post 3.0

papasmurf24 - 
Diabeetus - I got this after my trip to the beach this year..... Ended up getting some ear drops prescribed to me because it wouldn't go away on its own. Phone Post 3.0

I think those drops are mostly rubbing alcohol

I don't think so. Rubbing alcohol is used to prevent swimmer's ear but is not effective once you have it.

OP - I woke up one morning with blood all over the pillow from swimmer's ear. After a few days of ear drops prescribed by a doctor it went away. I don't think mine was as bad as yours though.

BJTT-ComeHonorFace - I'm worried now. Blood is starting to leak. Seeing the doctor tomorrow. Wish me luck guys! Phone Post 3.0

when i was a kid i ended up with a ear infection and never noticed it. it ended up rupturing my ear drum. had pressure just kept building in my ear then it finally stopped but blood was coming out my ear. thats when i finally hit the doctor. it had everything feel out of whack . ear infection is nothing to play with

it's too late now but in the future prepare yourself a solution of half white vinegar, half (70% strength) isopropyl alcohol in any squeeze bottle with a tip like a ketchup bottle.

Put a blast of that stuff in each ear immediately for a couple of seconds after getting out of water. The scummier the water, the sooner. It will remove and neutralize most water stuck in your ear. Do this even if the water is chlorinated.

Essential kit for swimmers - especially for mud lake swimmers.

Fucking amoebas can literally eat your brain.

Omfg that pic... gags

I hope you feel relief soon. Phone Post 3.0

Updates?