Sylvia Responds to Suave

from insidefighting.com

-----

Sylvia Responds to Ricco

Former UFC heavyweight champion, Tim Sylvia, took serious issue to certain comments made by Ricco Rodriguez, the man he beat for the title, in an interview with InsideFighting. Sylvia claims that he was in fact tested for steroids after their June 2003 fight. "I was tested and passed - you can check that with the New Jersey State Athletic Commission," Sylvia told InsideFighting.

--------

"tim has lied via insidefighting.com before,why would this be any diffrent?"

I don't know...maybe innocent until proven guilty....but that's just me.

They do not test for roids. They only test for recreational.

Like it really made that much of a difference. Ricco got beat on like a child.

Steroids don't turn you into Superman.

While trusting anything Sylvia says at this point is difficult, I'm not sure the type of steroid Sylvia was abusing would have had any effect on the outcome between him and Ricco. In both the Ricco and McGee fights, he took them out quickly with technique. These were not long, grueling matches where it might have been evidence that steroids contributed significantly to the outcome. He defeated both of those fighters in under 5 minutes with a right cross, exploiting their poor stand-up defense. Did the steroid abuse allow him to punch harder, doubtful.

Tim is obviously going to come in clean for his fight with Mir. I can't imagine he wouldn't at this point. I'm predicting a first round knockout of Mir steroid free. This fight should answer an questions about the effects steroids have had on his earlier fights, especially if Mir take it to the ground where it becomes an endurance issue.

LOL @ Ricco claiming roids had anything to do with Sylvia kicking his ass. Ricco's a good fighter, but Tim kicked his ass. Doesn't Ricco train with Hammer House and Kerr?

Betcha he was stackin Winstrol with some Dec to cut the weight.

He used to be overweight just like Ricco.

Some of you guys are amazing......you think Mr. Suave never juiced? C'mon man....

I work out w/ Tim just about everyday...his work ethic and desire is what makes him a champion, not roids. He's someone i respect and look up to very much.

An example, he trained his ass off for months getting read for Arlovski...when the fight fell through..he could have relaxed for a week like most ppl. do but he was back in the gym sparring live that week and has not stopped since. Mir is in trouble!

MC

Mir is in trouble, but Tim is not honest and he should have apologized for letting his fans down a second time. I hope Mir kicks his ass.

Former Fan,
PA

"I work out w/ Tim just about everyday...his work ethic and desire is what makes him a champion, not roids. He's someone i respect and look up to very much."

Why did he take roids then, why did he lie after? You can respect anyone you want, I'll stick to people who earn it.

Tim Ko's Mir in the 1st!

Tim shouldn't even bother responding to Ricco.

White347LX wrote: "He (Sylvia) waited about a day too long to take the whiz quiz and the results came back *CLEAN* after the deadline to fight."

Have you seen the results?

"He waited about a day too long to take the whiz quiz and the results came back *CLEAN* after the deadline to fight. I could care less either way, but it sounds like you're making a big deal out of a non-issue, one that you know nothing about at that."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He waited to long, or he tested and it was dirty, which is it, you seem to know? Either way I spent a ton of money to go watch this guy fight(as well as Tito & Chuck) and one way or another he fucked it up. Not to mention he doesn't have the balls to step up and apologize for his mistake to the people who paid to see him fight.

I'm a huge fan of Tim's. The guy's overcome some tough challenges to get where he is.

People make bad choices. It's how they handle things afterwards that demonstrates their character.

"why should he apologize to u? Your a fucking peasant.He doesnt owe you shit bitch, he didnt get into the fight game for you. "

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Fucking own3d.

I love seein the little soap opera drama queen shitbags up in here get put in their place.

"It's how they handle things afterwards that demonstrates their character."

That's what I'm saying bitch(miller8966). He doesn't owe me shit and Tim has been very kind each time I have met him. He's just not coming clean and it will cost him in the long run.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"why should he apologize to u? Your a fucking peasant.He doesnt owe you shit bitch, he didnt get into the fight game for you. "

I'm the same guy that doesn't like watching juiced-up baseball players. I'm the same guy that despises liars and cheaters. I work my ass off every day and don't cheat at work or lie to my boss or customers and I have no respect for those that do. The only one that is owned is you for buying into this bullshit.

I was a big Sylvia proponent, but he lied straight up. He said he did not take a test ("We don't test until AFTER the fight") and all of the stories handed down by Zuffa and Sylvia's promoter don't add up when you take into account the drugs he tested positive for, and the lack of a scientifically verifiable explanation as to how those drugs lingered for so long, then suddenly left his system so quickly.

The best excuse his promoter had was "Tim took some herbal thing-a-ma-jig" to clean himself out. What was this "Thing-a-ma-jig" ?

I don't even care if he took the drugs, but Ricco has a valid reason to be suspicious and to complain given Tim's track record.

Tim was supposed to fight, and a lot of people got let down because he diddn't (including Andre Arlovski, who lost his title shot to Frank Mir).

I am rooting for Mir in their upcoming fight. In my opinion, Sylvia should have to now sit out for a while and wait for his title shot instead of Arlovski, because Tim is the one who fucked up. Arlovski showed up, ready to fight, and yet Sylvia gets another title shot before he does.

I know Arlovski has a busted hand, but, if anything, I feel Zuffa should scrap Mir/Sylvia, wait another few months and have Mir vs. Arlovski for the title, then let Sylvia get a shot at the winner of that fight.

I think Tim sort of violated his contract with all of this, so Zufa should not be inclined to live up to their end of having to give Tim a certain number of fights within a certain time frame.

I am sure no one else agrees though..

I was the guy who spoke with Tim yesterday. I was just calling him to get a phone number, and the guy went off about what Ricco said in his interview with DiSanto.

I debated if I was even going to submit what he told me because of the tremendous annoyance I still had for him lying to me about his test.

The biggest question that I still don't know the straight answer to is what kept him out of the show. Did the test come back dirty, or did it just not come back in time?

I'm afraid that this issue is one that will just be swept under the rug, and we'll never really know what the deal was. We'll just have to see how his test comes out after the Mir fight if Tim wins.

Oh, and I believe that the rules that New Jersey follows are the same as the Vegas rules, so those who are participating in a title fight are subject to steroid tests.