Syracuse Basketball

The third annual Syracuse Basketball thread! It's going to be an interesting season to say the least...

Midnight Madness tonight! Phone Post 3.0

Enjoy the loss at Michigan on December 2nd! Go Blue!

Kaleb Joesph.

We will start a freshman at the point for the second straight year. He's a higher rated frehman than Ennis was and he's much more dynmaic offensively. Sad part is we'll need his points desperately as we always tend to struggle to score (and that will continue with Cooney being a main "weapon" this year).

Kaleb isn't our best freshman (on paper) but he'll likely be the most important this year.

Brasky - Enjoy the loss at Michigan on December 2nd! Go Blue!

Could be. 

Hope to see you in this thread throughout the year. Good luck!

Chris McCullogh.

Hands down the best freshman on the squad. One of the best freshman in college basketball and, if my luck continues the way it has, a one and doner.

He's legit and won't likely see a sophmore season in Central NY.

He will be a defensive monster as a shot blocker in the zone (imagine the middle if he learns the system and Christmas stays out of foul trouble!) but the kid has serious offense. He can even shoot the three. Let's hope Jim doesn't try to make him a back to the basket player...

Rounding out the freshman class.....

Highlights from last night's Orange Madness:

Michael Gbinije, whom Boeheim said early today will see increased minutes this season, was one of the game's Co-MVP's (I'll get to the other in a moment). He had, by my count, 10 points and an assist. Sign of things to come? I hope so.
Remember, way back in May, when Jim Boeheim said Rakeem Christmas would be the ACC's most improved player in 2014-15? I think he might have been on to something. Christmas led all scorers with (again, by my count) 14 points. He also dominated on the glass. At one point, he made a layup, blocked a shot at the other end, and then took the ball coast-to-coast for a slam. He was your other Co-MVP.
Hadn't I known better, I would have thought Kaleb Joseph were playing in a Final Four game. He had a couple of steals, he was constantly pushing the tempo, and he added a few buckets of his own. I like the high motor. I like it a lot.
B.J. Johnson will be C.J. Fair this season. Fine, maybe I only think so because they're both lefties, they both wear headbands, they have similar shooting forms, and they nearly have the same first name. But Johnson played pretty well, and even made a nice looking three-pointer from the corner. Stay tuned. Phone Post 3.0

Innnn like Johnny Flynn Phone Post 3.0

imkeithhernandez - Innnn like Johnny Flynn Phone Post 3.0
Welcome back, brother! Phone Post 3.0

Awww yeah! Go 'Cuse!

KickinAus - Awww yeah! Go 'Cuse!
It's gonna be an emotional roller coaster.. Phone Post 3.0

Malvert the Janitor -
Sweet 16? Phone Post 3.0

imkeithhernandez -
Malvert the Janitor -
Sweet 16? Phone Post 3.0
Our defense will always make that possible but we'd need big production from some historically shaky guys like Michael and Trevor. Phone Post 3.0

How far do you see UCONN going without Napier? How good is duke? Is Virginia good again this year? What are your thoughts on the whole North Carolina situation? Also go Uconn . Phone Post 3.0

scubalou83 - How far do you see UCONN going without Napier? How good is duke? Is Virginia good again this year? What are your thoughts on the whole North Carolina situation? Also go Uconn . Phone Post 3.0
1 Kentucky 29-11
2 Arizona 33-5
3 Duke 26-9
4 Wisconsin 30-8
5 Kansas 25-10
6 North Carolina 24-10
7 Florida 36-3
8 Virginia 30-7
9 Louisville 31-6
10 Texas 24-11
11 Wichita State 35-1
12 Villanova 29-5
13 Gonzaga 29-7
14 Iowa St. 28-8
15 Connecticut 32-8
16 Virginia Commonwealth 26-9
17 San Diego State 31-5
18 Michigan State 29-9
19 Oklahoma 23-10
20 Ohio State 25-10
21 Nebraska 19-13
22 Southern Methodist Univ. 27-10
23 Michigan 28-9
24 Syracuse 28-6
25 Iowa 20-13 Phone Post 3.0

Preseason coached poll. Phone Post 3.0

Coaches Phone Post 3.0

Meet Nick Trivelpiece.

The 10-year-old Trivelpiece has been a part of the Syracuse basketball program since the 2009-10 season. Trivelpiece suffers from optic glioma, a type of cancer that affects the optic nerve and causes people to lose their vision.

With 15 seconds left in the Syracuse men's team scrimmage, Trivelpiece entered the game. He took the inbounds pass and, with a little guidance from SU senior Trevor Cooney, dribbled toward the basket.
Trivelpiece missed the layup, but Cooney got the ball back to him and Trivelpiece sank his second attempt to help the White team to a 35-28 victory.

As the final buzzer sounded, Rakeem Christmas scooped up Trivelpiece, plopped him on his shoulder and then carried him off the court. Phone Post 3.0

Man if Grant stayed we would have top 10...Gbinje and Cooney are key...we need more scoring from the guards than in years past Phone Post 3.0

imkeithhernandez - Man if Grant stayed we would have top 10...Gbinje and Cooney are key...we need more scoring from the guards than in years past Phone Post 3.0
If Grant AND Ennis would've stayed we'd be number 1.

I'm so used to getting fucked by the draft, I don't even pull my pants up anymore... Phone Post 3.0