Syrian War Footage from the Turret of a Tank in HD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2h3IUGdru4#t=105

This video compilation is both amazing and incredibly sad at the same time. It's amazing because it gives you great insight to the immense power tanks possess and incredibly sad because you can see how devastating the destruction they are raining down on Syrian cities is.

(Can anyone identify what language the narrator is speaking and what kind of tanks they are using?)

In Phone Post 3.0

Sounds like the voice-over is speaking Russian in the early parts of the video...

... Phone Post

American money sure has done a number on poor Syria. They should have just let America build that pipeline and none of this shit would have happened. Plus, America just sent Saudi Arabia a whole bunch of nasty anti-tank missiles and all sorts of other goodies. Things are about to get taken up a notch over there.

Assad is an idiot. He had to know this was coming, and he allowed it. Assad's fault imo.

Holy shit @ the 40:10 mark. They have footage from both the Assad forces and the terrorists spliced together, two views of the same tank kill.

The Russian commentary is mostly as follows:

"The goal of the operation is to surround the opposition"

"The congestion of buildings allows the terrorists to garrison themselves in and make 'fortresses' out of each structure. Every building can become a stronghold for terrorist fighters".

"Firepower has entered the game".

"The apparent position of terrorists has been hit by tank artillery"

and then I realized the video is an hour long :P

So are these Russian made tanks?

BackOffWarchild - Holy shit @ the 40:10 mark. They have footage from both the Assad forces and the terrorists spliced together, two views of the same tank kill.
Damn Phone Post 3.0

Fucking hate objective campers. Get out of your tank and fight, pussy! Phone Post 3.0

slo ko - Fucking hate objective campers. Get out of your tank and fight, pussy! Phone Post 3.0
Draw them out with your Trollolol Phone Post 3.0

That's an amazing video, by so many definitions Phone Post 3.0

FaceToFace - So are these Russian made tanks?

worse...Soviet. Mainly T-72s

ArthurKnoqOut - 

Ah, so those are remnants of WWII? I would assume our modern tanks would make minced meat out of those things, no?

yes they would. The Abrams that the US uses would make minced meat out of most tanks on the planet, new or old.

Ah, so those are remnants of WWII?

T-72 is a 70's-era Soviet tank. So Cold War, rather than WW2.

FaceToFace - 
ArthurKnoqOut - 

Ah, so those are remnants of WWII? I would assume our modern tanks would make minced meat out of those things, no?

they also have a ton of t-50s which are from WWII but no one can vouch for how many are actually working.

T-72 is what Israel encountered and captured during one of their wars.

Without full commentary, its tough to tell how much is landscape redecorating and how much is actual fire with intent.

Regardless - it looks like it may have been a nice city at one time. I can't even imagine how many decades it would take to tear down all those trashed high-rises, let alone rebuild anything.

I know nothing about tanks, it just seems like they are just shooting at abandoned buildings? There is so much dust from the force of the blast that you cant make out any carnage or if these shots are even hitting their intended targets? Phone Post 3.0

88samurai88 - I know nothing about tanks, it just seems like they are just shooting at abandoned buildings? There is so much dust from the force of the blast that you cant make out any carnage or if these shots are even hitting their intended targets? Phone Post 3.0

It's a long video. What you see in the beginning is them destroying buildings that can be used as encampments or sniper positions. From the footage it looks like they were tasked to that initial building. Later it shows them in actual combat operations, including troop support.