T.U.F fighters "deserve" sh!t..

How fucking dissapointing. Is a shot at the ufc worthless? I know there is potential for injury and if that is to much for you, drop out and take your chances the old fashion way... i mean these guys are fighters right?? Having said that im glad the winner got paid but for that to be your first gripe is ridiculous to me..

College football players who are getting a free education bitch too.

Great title. Made me laugh.

Money to fight: No

Medical: Yes

Money for maintaining home/house/apartment/bills: Yes

If you can't pay for those things then you shouldn't expect anybody to compete on your show.

HP-apples and oranges..ABE- agreed.

ttt

those guys were not ready to fight at all imo

actually they do deserve somehting.. exactly what they signed up for.

still kinda sad when you compare TUF to the failed delahoya show which paid their winning fighters at least 20 grand per fight

submitions are a sumnabitch to get though.

to be honest, if allowed, i would have opted to not do the challenge at all and fought..

"still kinda sad when you compare TUF to the failed delahoya show which paid their winning fighters at least 20 grand per fight"

Jesus, is that true?? Those guys sucked..

I think you should get paid enough to keep your life in order without going bankrupt.

The 5k is a UFC incentive to have exciting fights. It's not required but will certainly make the fighters come to life.

Medical costs are the price to do business when you make that much money per show.

Ya I think I would just sit through the challenge then pick the guy I thought I could beat. Better than being picked.

"College football players who are getting a free education bitch too."

college football players get money and cars regularly

Agreed!!! The opportunity is the payment.

I would assume that if they get hurt, medical expenses due to liability concerns would be taken care of....

How would you like it if you went on Wheel of Fortune but instead of winning money Pat Sajak punched you in the face?

they should get whatever they agreed to in their contracts. if they consented to not being paid, or even not getting medical coverage or rent/bills paid, that's their own business.

who are you to judge what this opportunity is worth to them? they're big boys and can make decisions for themselves.

any substantive fairness argument is going to be completely subjective. we can only ensure that there was procedural fairness - that they did indeed knowingly and voluntarily sign contracts and that those contracts are being followed.

I agree. There are thousands of fighters who would give anything for the opportunity to be one of the 16 fighters on the reality show. The 16 fighters who were chosen were given a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

"still kinda sad when you compare TUF to the failed delahoya show which paid their winning fighters at least 20 grand per fight"
Jesus, is that true?? Those guys sucked..

yeah its true - that was the beginning purse for the fighters - I think it went up as they progressed.