'Tactical' Flashlight thread

OK OG flashlight nutters:

500-1000 lumens

Pocket sized

Decent battery life - preferable AA or AAA

Under 100.00

GO!

"'Tactical' Fleshlight thread" spin in 3...2...

Streamlight

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00B8Q31UQ/ref=sxl1?qid=1464269856 Phone Post 3.0

MMOZ - I have a flashlight app on my phone it was free but it has ads every so often. Has a strobe setting that's pretty tacticool. Phone Post 3.0

bran just warged you as a baby and made you post that!

Since you said pocket size I guess by "tactical flashlight" you don't mean weapon light and you could have just said "flashlight."

I carry a Streamlight Protac clipped inside my back pocket every day. I had a Surefire E2D but it looked to weapon-ish going into bars/clubs/concerts etc.

The Protac has a momentary on, double tap for strobe (if you're into that) and a dim setting. Mine takes two lithium 123s but they have an AA version, probably a little less powerful.

It is bright enough to use on a person at night, but not so bright you can't use it for regular tasks.

Not counting police work, I have actually used mine in a self defense capacity once. A drunk hipster guy wanted to fight in a bar, and as we left he followed me outside. He was walking over with the hands out with that, "What's up now, DUDE?!" posture.

I shined it in his face and he adopted more of a "Uh... what the fuck is happening?" and then he lost interest and fucked off.

I liked it so much I bought a second one.

Haven't really seen a model that fits that.

That level of lumen needs lithium

NEW Streamlight 1L-1AA might be my new favorite. Comes out in a month. Runs off either. Single cell Phone Post 3.0

350 lumen off 3 volt

150 of AA

http://www.streamlight.com/en-us/product/product.html?pid=349 Phone Post 3.0

You're not going to get any decent flashlight ruining AA or AAA batteries. Grab something with an 18650 and a Cree LED. Nitecore P12 is badass for cheap Phone Post 3.0

I had one I liked, but lost it - r what kind it was. Sad times.

http://tacticalgear.com/streamlight-polystinger-ds-led-with-ac-charger-black?gclid=Cj0KEQjwvZq6BRC9kfq2zKfQ_94BEiQAOeUVC4ZXaBGNTGWxf7HgA5dKIa90OUaswg2bG6XAGiQb_T4aAoom8P8HAQ#/9527/653/1?dl=b

My work flashlight. You can't kill it. Phone Post 3.0

Didn't the Batman/Aurora shooting thread go off the rails because of a conversation about "Tactical flashlights"?

Tread carefully OP. LOL. Phone Post 3.0

MarsMan - 
OJTT_Wiggy - "'Tactical' Fleshlight thread" spin in 3...2...

I just pictured a black reverse dildo with a picatiny rail on top

Does it also have a compass so I can know I'm thrusting due north?

Look at the olight s1 baton. It's an amazing little light. Phone Post 3.0

L.a.police gear L1.

Had it for roughly 3 years. Amazing flashlight. Phone Post 3.0

kkmmnn - You're not going to get any decent flashlight ruining AA or AAA batteries. Grab something with an 18650 and a Cree LED. Nitecore P12 is badass for cheap Phone Post 3.0

This. Plenty of lights in this sector (Nitecore, Olight, Fenix etc). I have Olight's, SureFire and others lights i keep around, and have no problems with them.

You can go cheaper if you want.  I also have Ultrafire lights all over the place.  The last one i got was 1000lm, came with 2 re-chargeable batteries and a charger for under $15.

Fenix PD22 for me. It was around 50 bucks on Amazon, is blindingly bright, but the battery life either sucks or I accidentally turn it on in my pocket too often. Runs off those stupid 123 batteries (I think that's what those expensive fuckers are called).

I read Tactical "Fleshlight".

Was wondering what that was, maybe a sight rail and night vision to FAP in the dark?

I own a Nitecore P12 and two MH20's.

Best flashlights I've ever owned...and we beat the shit out of our flashlights at work. They never skip a beat.

Highly recommend. Phone Post 3.0

TheMMAn -
kkmmnn - You're not going to get any decent flashlight ruining AA or AAA batteries. Grab something with an 18650 and a Cree LED. Nitecore P12 is badass for cheap Phone Post 3.0

This. Plenty of lights in this sector (Nitecore, Olight, Fenix etc). I have Olight's, SureFire and others lights i keep around, and have no problems with them.

You can go cheaper if you want.  I also have Ultrafire lights all over the place.  The last one i got was 1000lm, came with 2 re-chargeable batteries and a charger for under $15.

All of this Phone Post 3.0

kennyfrommd -

Fenix PD22 for me. It was around 50 bucks on Amazon, is blindingly bright, but the battery life either sucks or I accidentally turn it on in my pocket too often. Runs off those stupid 123 batteries (I think that's what those expensive fuckers are called).

Fenix flashlights are priced reasonable. And are great. I have two of them Phone Post 3.0