Takanori Gomi does the Tito ortiz on Melvin Guilla

At the end of the fight 

Awesome 

wow slobber knocker!

I fear for Melvin's health .  guys got to retire 

So glad to see Gomi get the win. Dont know why but I love how he is always so hyped when he gets into a brawl.

It looked like Gomi barely hit him with the last few shots. I’m not saying it was fixed but even in slow mo it’s weird how those last few put guillard out like that. 

da Vinci 81 -

It looked like Gomi barely hit him with the last few shots. I’m not saying it was fixed but even in slow mo it’s weird how those last few put guillard out like that. 

I thought the same... suss ending. It's like the injured leg fucked things up and they went to plan B.

Ref is in the way of one of the bigger shots that drop him in second replay. I think it was legit. I hope.

BringBackGoldy -
da Vinci 81 -

I thought the same... suss ending. It's like the injured leg fucked things up and they went to plan B.

Lol, I just finished watching it and came to see if anyone else thought it might have been a work. 

Slept....War Gomi!!!!

PeterNorth -
BringBackGoldy -
da Vinci 81 -

Lol, I just finished watching it and came to see if anyone else thought it might have been a work. 

Seemed highly illegitimate. Also why are they wearing shoes? 

da Vinci 81 -

Agree but Gomi was throwing absolute bombs on Melvin early on. And when he hurt his leg Melvin went right for it. I imagine gomi just connected well I mean to faceplant yourself while being swarmed would be an insane dive to pull off but I agree it was a suspect finish the punch that landed just didn't appear to have much on it and it wasn't a shot to the chin.

I'll pretend it is the Tito and Randleman fight that never happened.

fob -

I'll pretend it is the Tito and Randleman fight that never happened.

This ...lol

da Vinci 81 -

The right hand puts him down, its a bit of a delayed reaction but its a hard shot, last few were surplus to requirements.

AT 2:28 Gomi appears to fake a stanky leg in the most embarrassingly obvious fashion, but he could have just been trying to fake Melvin out. In any case that didn't look like the sort of combo that would put a guy out cold but what do I know

Honestly Melvin shouldnt have been fighting...i he gets ko'd every other month and is still being booked for fights

Amazing how Japanese MMA can make a UFC reject (finished in his last 5 fights) look like a world beater.  Opponent selection and the general pride level of energy/noise in the stadium give the illusion of a young, unstoppable Gomi. 

MankTabbott -
PeterNorth -
BringBackGoldy -
da Vinci 81 -

Seemed highly illegitimate. Also why are they wearing shoes? 

You're allowed to wear shoes in Japan and Guillard was doing it as a tribute to Kevin Randleman

Anyone who thinks Guillard took a dive I guess missed the last five years of his career where he blew up to 180lbs and got sparked in every fight he had lol