Takanori Gomi On BDSSP Tomorrow

"I know Oscar would never do mma, so they should meet halfway and do
a boxing match with mma gloves."
Are you kidding me?

RIP GOMI if it was a straight boxing match with MMA gloves...

Exactly what I was thinking. I love Gomi, but he wouldn't get close
enough to clinch DLH. DLH has some of the FASTEST hands in boxing or
any striking sport. Imo Gomi has more power, but he wouldn't have time
to throw them. Going halfway might be more kickboxing with no ground
grappling.

sweet

Oscar would have even more advantage if he were to fight a boxing match with Gomi with MMA gloves on. Oscar's hand would be even faster with small gloves. Gomi would be the one worrying about blocking with small gloves rather than Oscar. Oscar can pick his shots much more accurate and have a hay day with so much more target with out the big gloves getting in the way. WHAT WERE YOU THINKING??? That's not a half way. That is almost like saying Gomi is to fight with one hand behind his back against a better boxer.

My guess is that those Best Damn Sports guys don't know the slightest thing about Pride. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Very cool to see Gomi coming over to the states to do an interview.

BDSSP is on Fox Sports Net. I believe it airs tonight and a replay in the morning. Where I live anyway.

Some of you guys are seriously underestimating the boxing skills of a guy like DLH, in any striking arena he would kill Gomi.

Lol @ Gomi having more power, whatever!

Gomi out boxed Pulver who is also a pro-boxer, with a better record than DLH. Therefore Gomi > Oscar

^^ You have a point Armbar. I guess it's that Oscar is never touted for his
power in
boxing, while in mma Gomi is known for his power body shots. But
power in punches is not just strength, but speed and accuracy as well and
in this DLH has the advantage. Gomi has the strength advantage imo.

Despite pride airing on fox the hosts still will know nothing about it! They will gab like girls about tennis though.

TTT for gomi pimp slappin DLH

What does it matter if Oscar beats Gomi in a boxing match?

In NHB/MMA, Gomi kills Oscar.

Of course he speaks English you fucking morons. He is from East Los Angeles.

Gomi is short for Gomez.

Sweet,

I heard Oscar has a blue belt in BJJ. Does anyone know the facts on that?

"I heard Oscar has a blue belt in BJJ. Does anyone know the facts on that?"

Oscar isn't clueless about MMA/grappling. He wrote a blurb for Royce Gracie in his Ultimate Fighting Techniques book.

TTT for Gomi!

If it was a street fight and under the assumption each new what kind of fighter he was facing, GOMI would easily beat DE LA HOYA. GOMI would shoot for the ankles right away and it will be over.

in the street.. delahoya's entourage over GOMI by brutal L.A. style mobbin..

can't wait for tomorrow's show though! 2 great fighters in their respective sport!

Gomi X Oscar DLH? Oscar a BJJ blue belt?

Gomi by ground and pound

You're right, all the mexicans would gang up on GOMI. AFter all, it is L.A. we're talking about.