Taking offense to racist comments is weak.

Why is it that people get so offended that someone uses a racial slur? Serious question.

I think it makes people look so weak and fragile, when someone loses it when called a nigger, spic, etc.

Just another excuse for them to be a savage and feel justified doing it IMO.

Taking offense and going completely overboard and batshit crazy are two different things.

Kind of agree, People around them should just tell them that's not cool, and to shut up.

There's no reason to beat somebody up because theyre an idiot.

Shut the fuck OP, you cracka ass cracka Phone Post

I grew up in a neighbourhood where I got a lot of beatings for being Indian.

Still, I agree with OP. As a grownup, in a much less dangerous lifestyle, it's like water off a duck's back, if someone says anything I find offensive (be it racist or otherwise).

If I get mad, it's like they own me. Sounds trite but it's just words and they can't hurt me. I own my own emotions. I find people (even my own race), when they get all bent out of shape about racism, they typically have a victim mentality and that's always gonna hold them back in life.

I think it is a way for those who perceive themselves as powerless or subjugated to assume a dominant place in the conversation and be supported by society at large.

Gotcha, you said a no-no, and everybody is going to back me on this...

Tiresias - 

Of course people get offended over things people say. You're surprised by this?  Don't be a fucking retard OP.  Next time just make a thread saying "I'm fucking stupid and I can't figure stuff out, help me guys!"

Lol okay.

you shouldn't let someone, or society, get away with disrespecting you.

This phrase is relevant to the life of any one, but is interpreted very differently depending on one's circumstances.

Same applies to homophobic comments, people get so offended when they hear "aids infected faggot"

Come on, people Phone Post 3.0

sacredhate - you shouldn't let someone, or society, get away with disrespecting you.

This phrase is relevant to the life of any one, but is interpreted very differently depending on one's circumstances.

This. It's not about being offended by the racial slur. It's about you letting the guy punk you or not.

stickman - I grew up in a neighbourhood where I got a lot of beatings for being Indian.

Still, I agree with OP. As a grownup, in a much less dangerous lifestyle, it's like water off a duck's back, if someone says anything I find offensive (be it racist or otherwise).

If I get mad, it's like they own me. Sounds trite but it's just words and they can't hurt me. I own my own emotions. I find people (even my own race), when they get all bent out of shape about racism, they typically have a victim mentality and that's always gonna hold them back in life.
Dot or feather type? Phone Post 3.0

spontonio - Why is it that people get so offended that someone uses a racial slur? Serious question.

I think it makes people look so weak and fragile, when someone loses it when called a nigger, spic, etc.

If black people slaved your people for over 400 years, beating,whipping,hanging,rape ect all while calling you a cracka then oppressing, dehumanizing, segregating your people in the name of black power while calling you cracka, you'll be a little offended if a black person called you a cracka.

Brandonbrazell -
spontonio - Why is it that people get so offended that someone uses a racial slur? Serious question.

If black people slaved your people for over 400 years, beating,whipping,hanging,rape ect all while calling you a cracka then oppressing, dehumanizing, segregating your people in the name of black power while calling you cracka, you'll be a little offended if a black person called you a cracka.
No one's "people" have been enslaved, only their genetic predecessors Phone Post 3.0

Op just sounds like you never dealt with racism, or if you have you just don't care. Unfortunately i've been raised to care and I do. Poking fun is one thing, being overtly racist is weak as fuck.

If some random asshole calls me a kike, you best be aware that i'll be pissed about it.

Brandonbrazell - 

So other "minorities" can drop n bombs on blacks since they did not enslave them???

boomtown -
sacredhate - you shouldn't let someone, or society, get away with disrespecting you.

This. It's not about being offended by the racial slur. It's about you letting the guy punk you or not.
. Phone Post 3.0

spontonio - Why is it that people get so offended that someone uses a racial slur? Serious question.

This is the most beta shit I've ever heard. Even if the insult isn't racist, are you going to tuck your dick away and run when someone is in your face insulting you? Phone Post 3.0

boomtown - 

LOL at this. I always laugh when people brag about not letting people disrespect them. Yeah, if the person is small and weak, then they will act hard, but if the person is bigger and tougher, they will "let it slide."

Would you care if some strung out bum lying in his own waste on the street said anything to you?

That's the way I look at anyone who would say something racist to me....well those guys and negroes.

jaytrainwreck -
boomtown -

. Phone Post 3.0
You guys should all post when you turn 18. Now brush your teeth and get to bed. Phone Post