TAKU's Fight Training intervals?

Does anyone have them? Thanks!

www.trainforstrength.com/Endurance1.shtml

I started to do those intervals lately. Holy crap the first time I did them I almost threw up. I can feel my endurance getting better by the day. Kick ass routine.

Mit,

glad they are working for you.

From working with my clients both in person and on-line I have found consistently that people notice improved performance in as little as two weeks.

TAKU

thanks guys but I was talking about the extra weeks after you finish phase 3?

ttt

It is in the Crash course thread...Ok I'll go get it for you...(walks down stairs to the S&C second floor)

Here.

PHASE IV

Phase 4 was designed with competition preparation in mind. You will notice it incorporates maintenance days that use the phase 3 protocols along with days that use longer and shorter work and recovery times. On these "new" days drop the two five minute steady state sections from your 15-minute warm-up period and go directly from the five minutes easy to the intervals. As before, finish with a 5-minute cool-down period. This is designed to expose you to a wider range of stressors. On all the work intervals with longer rest periods you should be striving to push to the max, hold nothing back.

On the training days that have multiple sprint intervals during one session, you will complete one set of intervals, rest approximately 2-3 minutes and continue with the next set of intervals. Repeat these rest/work cycles until the entire workout is completed. As your conditioning improves, you will find that the intervals become easier. At this point it will be time to utilize some of the other exercises from the video for your interval training.

To add these to a pre-competition schedule, find the date of your event and count back to the start of the phases. If you have never done intervals, start with phase 1 and work up from there. If you have done intervals, just adapt these into your current schedule. Be sure to have a few days (2-3 at least) off from these just before fight day. The days of the week are just examples, work these interval days in to your routine on whatever days work best.

PHASE 4

· Week 1 Monday & Friday: 20 seconds work + 10 seconds recovery: 10X

· Week 1 Wednesday: 30 seconds work + 60 seconds recovery: 5X 20 seconds work + 40 seconds recovery: 3X 10 seconds work + 30 seconds recovery: 2X

· Week 2 Monday & Friday: 20 seconds work + 10 seconds recovery: 10X

· Week 2 Wednesday: 30 seconds work + 60 seconds recovery: 5X 20 seconds work + 40 seconds recovery: 5X 10 seconds work + 30 seconds recovery: 5X

· Week 3 Monday & Friday: 20 seconds work + 10 seconds recovery: 10X

· Week 3 Wednesday: 30 seconds work + 60 seconds recovery: 5X 20 seconds work + 40 seconds recovery: 5X 10 seconds work + 30 seconds recovery: 10X

· Week 4 Monday: 30 seconds work + 60 seconds recovery: 5X 20 seconds work + 40 seconds recovery: 5X 10 seconds work + 30 seconds recovery: 5X

· Week 4 Wednesday: 30 seconds work + 60 seconds recovery: 4X 20 seconds work + 40 seconds recovery: 6X 10 seconds work + 30 seconds recovery: 10X

Week 4 Friday: 30 seconds work + 60 seconds recovery: 5X 20 seconds work + 40 seconds recovery: 8X 10 seconds work + 30 seconds recovery: 12X

THANKS Taku!!!!

ttt

ttt

The intervals work great. I used them to prep for my last fight. It went the distance and I was able to pull a win over a 22 year old. I am 39.

Nice work Brock, I'll have to try them out. I turn 36 next month and could use the endurance against the young punks.

ttt

I gave SCRAPPER permission to post Phase 4 on his web-site so you will soon be able to find it there when and if you need it.

TAKU