Talcum X Thinks Katie Nolan Is Black

FRAT: Jason Whitlock did a column saying that Katie Nolan can't write, can't report, can't interview and only has a highly paid job because she's pretty and can read a teleprompter.

Twitter put him on blast for sexism, and for some reason Shaun King decided to get involved, tweeting: “Disgusting that this outlet is bragging about a black woman having to lock her account from online harassment."

https://www.outkick.com/shaun-king-thinks-katie-nolan-is-black-before-realizing-shes-white/

Eh... Close enough for Albino Sharpton.

1 Like

Well, to be fair, he thinks he’s black as well.

14 Likes

What the fuck? Katie is awesome. Imagine targeting her. Fucking scumbag.

Hilldo -

Yeah she's just as black as he is. 

This is going to be an interesting battle of victimhood!

I mean, I guess Whitlock is right that in tv and other entertainment, beauty trumps all, but Ive also watched Katie Nolan before and thought she was ok. Maybe its just not very hard to be a “sports journalist.”

Hilldo -

The man is color blind!

I'm still dumbfounded how nobody on the left calls out Shaun King for being a white guy posing as a black guy. There is some deep seated mental illness going on there.

1 Like
sadic1 - This is going to be an interesting battle of victimhood!

I mean, I guess Whitlock is right that in tv and other entertainment, beauty trumps all, but Ive also watched Katie Nolan before and thought she was ok. Maybe its just not very hard to be a “sports journalist.”

In this case, his critique comes from the idea that she has almost everything written for her, didn't have any background in sports to be extremely knowledgeable, refuses to do live broadcasts because she can't retry and edit things, and honestly just isn't super entertaining.

You see this all started because sports broadcasting was a male dominated field, for obvious reasons. To add women in beyond the hand full of actual female sports broadcasters, they started having smaller interviews, courtside/on the field using attractive females. Guys like sports and hot women.

I can totally understand why a male who dedicated his career to sports and is extremely knowledgable and on point would be upset at the amount of money thorwn at Katie when she was nothing just because of her attractiveness.

That said, Whitlock is a tool.

To be fair to whitlock Katie nolan has been talking shit on him for years. She was on desus and mero a couple years ago and went in on whitlock with them. 

All I know is that Katie Nolan is gorgeous!

Whitlock makes a lot of good points. When was the last time you saw an ugly woman as a sports reporter?

Hire more ugly women. 

Whitlock and King have had beef for a while.    Apparently Whitlock interviewed King for a spot at the undefeated, and realized that...

1. He's not a journalist, he's a race hustler

2. He's a liar

3. He's not black

And has called him out on it.  So not surprised King would find any reason to try to get back at him, and misfired.

Charles Barkley -

Whitlock makes a lot of good points. When was the last time you saw an ugly woman as a sports reporter?

Hire more ugly women. 

Whitlock compares Nolan unfavorably to a number of female sports journalists he thinks are actual reporters: Hannah Storm, Linda Cohn, Michelle Beadle, Robin Roberts, Sage Steele or Maria Taylor.

Some of them are quite attractive or were when they were younger. I think he realizes that on TV looks are important. I think he's opposed to hiring someone and promoting solely on their looks.

Dan Soders girlfriend

How the fuck could you even think she's black if you've ever seen her?

What’s wrong with Katie Nolan? What did she do to get this attention? Seems nice and competent.

Thage - 

In this case, his critique comes from the idea that she has almost everything written for her, didn't have any background in sports to be extremely knowledgeable, refuses to do live broadcasts because she can't retry and edit things, and honestly just isn't super entertaining.

You see this all started because sports broadcasting was a male dominated field, for obvious reasons. To add women in beyond the hand full of actual female sports broadcasters, they started having smaller interviews, courtside/on the field using attractive females. Guys like sports and hot women.

I can totally understand why a male who dedicated his career to sports and is extremely knowledgable and on point would be upset at the amount of money thorwn at Katie when she was nothing just because of her attractiveness.

Never knew she was controversial.

Thage -

Well said. I agree, Katie Nolan would bomb on live tv, and she knows it. She really brings nothing to the table.

oblongo -
Charles Barkley -

Hire more ugly women. 

Whitlock compares Nolan unfavorably to a number of female sports journalists he thinks are actual reporters: Hannah Storm, Linda Cohn, Michelle Beadle, Robin Roberts, Sage Steele or Maria Taylor.

Some of them are quite attractive or were when they were younger. I think he realizes that on TV looks are important. I think he's opposed to hiring someone and promoting solely on their looks.

If you're actually good at your job, you can overcome not being pretty.  Look at Jackie MacMullan